Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Making Amends, it's the only way to live.

 I am not perfect, far from it.
When I am angry or hurt, I can throw comments
that hurt others and regret it after it comes out my mouth.
Yet, when some time passes, I am usually very sorry for the
things I say and do and want to make it right,
want to apologize for my part in the problem.
I know that to hold grudges is to punish yourself.
I hate when I am not "okay" with everyone in my life.
"MAKE AMENDS EXCEPT WHEN TO DO SO WOULD INJURE
THEM OR OTHERS"
It is a motto from Alanon that I try and follow.
When Mommy died, she left us sisters all feeling different things
After her loss, we all suffered some growing pains
and some of us did things that we wish we could take back.
I believe that the dead has a way of communicating with us.
 A few weeks ago, still holding some pain and grudges,
because of an incident that happened, the sisters were separated.
I know that Mommy would be disappointed in her girls.
It weighed heavy on me and so I know all the sisters probably
were feeling the same way.
All our lives when we didn't get along, Mommy was
there to tell us to stop that silliness.
She never allowed us to stay mad at each other long.
Now she was not here to set us straight.
One of these days, I was out of the house for most of
the day. One of the little girls were with me as they 
were visiting for their summer visits.
Don't remember which one it was, but we had
been gone most of the day, having fun.
We came back home in the evening and there
on the floor, on the rug in front of my front door
was this picture, laying just like this  facing up,
no damage to the glass or frame. 
What is it? Well it is a family picture of my 
oldest sister Simones' wedding.
All seven kids are in it, and the age between us
all is evident here. 
Simone, the oldest is the bride, I am the little 
girl being held by my Mommy.
Twenty three years between us.
The fact that this picture is on the floor by my front door
is amazing.
You see, when I went to examine how the picture
may have gotten there, realizing it had to have fallen
from the top of the stairs where it lives,
I turned the picture over and find that all the prongs
that held it to the back portion of the frame are all
intact and closed. The hanging portion is still on the
wall.

 This means this picture had to have
fallen from the highest place on the stairs all the way
down, to land at my front door, face up
without a break to the glass.
 I pick it up, and place it back in its spot
I quietly think this through and have to take
it as a sign from the Mommy that amend are to be made.
I have thought of this every day since it happened,
This week, myself and the sisters, have all made
our amends to the others and once again,
we are sisters, loving each with all our 
"warts and all"
THERE IS NO LOVE WITHOUT FORGIVENESS
AND THERE IS NO FORGIVENESS WITHOUT LOVE

TO FORGIVE IS THE HIGHEST, MOST BEAUTIFUL
FORM OF LOVE. IN RETURN, YOU WILL RECEIVED UNTOLD
PEACE AND HAPPINESS.

Forgiveness is the best gift I can give,
the best gift I can get.
The Collins sisters, continue on!

No comments:

Post a Comment