Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

CAMI IS THE STAR TODAY!

Cameron Tamplain is also my god-daughter.
Let me share a little I know to be true of this special
little girl.
She understands life in ways that most little girls just
don't get. For instance, on the day this
picture was taken, I was very emotional,
full of happiness for it was the first time in
5 years that all my siblings, their families,
and my family were together.
Peace abounded the day and many
times I felt like crying because I was
so happy. So during the end of the day
Cami and I decided we were going to do  
a photo shoot in the cajun scene Uncle Ted
and the boys had made to take pictures.
Every time I get together with Cami, she
teaches me something.
So, here we are preparing for our photo shoot,
and we are getting into the story mode.
I tell her, "Cami, let's put all these decoys
in the boat, and lets pretend that we went 
hunting and killed all these ducks and we are
so happy". she begins to put the decoys in the boat,
she puts her hand on my face and looks me in the
eye with one duck under her arm, and says,
"AND WE ARE SO GRATEFUL, HUH NANNIE?"
I looked into this special little girls face and
tears came, " Oh, yes, my Cami we are
very, very, grateful!"
How did she know in one sentence that she
put all my feelings in context?
Well this is Cami.
You will never see Cami without her giving
you the biggest bear hug and telling you
how much she loves you.
I thank her momma for allowing us to be part of her life.
I thank Rosie for fighting and making sure Cami is a part 
of our lives. I pray her Daddy always knows just
how blessed he is to have this little girl.
Kids like Cami give us hope for the future.
She doesn't have the easiest life yet
she will never know because it's her
life and she makes the best of her world.
NANNIE LOVES YOU CAMI-GIRL!

6 comments:

  1. HEY CAMI,
    JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I THINK YOU ARE A VERY SPECIAL LITTLE GIRL, TOO. I BELIEVE GOD PUT YOU ON THIS EARTH FOR A VERY SPECIAL REASON AND AS LITTLE AS YOU ARE YOU HAVE STARTED WITH YOUR OWN FAMILY. EVERYTIME WE SEE YOU YOUR FACE LIGHTS UP AND YOU MAKE US FEEL SO GOOD. YOU ARE A VERY SMART LITTLE GIRL WHO KNOWS MORE THAT ANYONE YOUR AGE. STAY IN SCHOOL AND LEARN AS MUCH AS YOU CAN AND THIS WORLD WILL BE A BETTER PLACE WITH YOU IN IT.

    THANKS ROSIE AND KEEP BRING OUR NIECE TO US SO WE CAN SHARE HER.

    LOVE YOU CAMI,
    AUNT RONNIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY MELISSA,
    JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU HAVE AND ARE RAISING A VERY SPECIAL CHILD IN CAMERON. THANK YOU FOR ALOWING US TO BE PART OF HER LIFE BECAUSE WITHOUT HER WE WOULD HAVE A VOID IN OUR FAMILY. WE LOVE HER AND LOVE YOU FOR HAVING HER AND SHARING HER WITH US.

    THANK YOU!
    LOVE YOU,
    AUNT RONNIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cameron:
    The most special times that Uncle Ted and I have shared with you is when you'd come to your "Golden Meadow Apartment". We both have a very special place in our hearts for you that we hold close and very dear. Everytime Uncle Ted and I walk to the pecan tree, we think about you skipping all around it, like it was the best tree in the whole world. Your love of life, intelligence and wit will be the key factors that will help you reach success so don't ever lose sight of those three traits. Anytime Gammy calls to let us know that she'll be sharing you with us, we are all so happy. Always know that your "Bayou Family" loves you deeply and if there is ever a moment that you need us, we're only a phone call away. We would travel to the ends of the earth for each and every member of our family and you're a BIG, BIG part of that family.
    With all the love in my heart to you and your family,
    Aunt C

    P.S. Did I tell you how lucky I am because I've been told that I look like you. Me, You and Ange'; we're triplets...hehehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS FOR THE POSTING LIL! IT IS GREAT. THANKS C & RONNIE FOR THE WONDERFUL THINGS MENTIONED ABOUT MY NO. 1 CAMMI GIRL! SHE IS THE LIGHT AND LOVE OF MY LIFE. WITHOUT HER IN MY LIFE, THINGS WOULD BE VERY GLOOMY. SHE KEEPS ME GOING AND THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT HER LOVE FOR LIFE HAS MADE ME APPRECIATE LIFE A HECK OF LOT MORE! NO NEED FOR THANKS TO ME FOR FIGHTING FOR HER, BUT YOUR WELCOME. I WOULD TAKE ON AN ARMY TO MAKE SURE SHE IS AND STAYS IN ALL OF OUR LIVES. BY THE WAY, I WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW HOW LOVED SHE FEELS WHEN SHE COMES HERE. EVEN THOUGH YA'LL DON'T SEE HER AS MUCH AS THE OTHER LITTLE ONES, YA'LL MAKE IT UP TO HER BY MAKING HER FEEL EXTRA SPECIAL WHEN SHE IS HERE, AND YOU ALL WILL NEVER KNOW HOW SPECIAL THAT MAKES ME FEEL. SO......THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR MAKING "MY BABY GIRL" A SPECIAL BABY GIRL! I WILL BE HAVING HER NEXT WEEKEND (HOPEFULLY)AND I'LL MAKE SURE SHE SEES ALL THIS AND I'LL TRY TO GET HER MOM TO READ THIS ALSO. I THINK MELISSA WOULD APPRECIATE THE MESSAGES TO HER AND THE BLOG AND COMMENTS ABOUT CAMMI.
    LOVE YOU ALL & HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
    ROSIE

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI CAMMI,
    You ARE a very special young lady. Your beautiful, smart and usually very funny. I love seeing you whenever I can. And PLEASE don't ever stop giving me those big hugs you give me when you do see me. I love that the most about you. That and what you have always called me. I think that's so very, very special between you and I. And I don't know of any one else who uses that name but you and I.

    I love you very much like everyone else and I hope to see you soon. If you are going to "The tea" that is comming up nest Sunday, I may see you there. I sure hope so.

    LOV-U-ALWAYS,
    Later,
    Nunk Parrin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nannie,
    thank you so much for blogging about me.iloveyou!
    cammi

    [PS: thank ya'll for the comments also.]

    ReplyDelete