Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

LARRY, YOU DID GOOD!!!




Well, the wedding also brought our Texas family out to celebrate!!!
Larry may have not been there in body but he was definitely there
in spirit and his blood ran thick over the weekend.
The beautiful woman in the green dress in the lower picture
is Lupita, the mother of my niece and nephews.
My brother had many loves but this woman always
held a special place in his heart and they remained
friends throughout his whole life.
For her to make the trip with her children meant a lot
to all of us!!!!
The beauty in the white dress is my wonderful niece, Thaisy.
She is such a mixture of both her parents.
When she was a baby we called her our 
Mexican Coon-baby  and this was meant in a loving way.
Daddy loved her so much and he is the one who gave her the name.
We were all coon-a** but to Daddy she was just the baby.
She is so soft spoken but so much like her daddy in the way
she loves to reminisce and talk about how much she loves.
the Little princess is none other than Thaisy's daughter,
Cass!!!! She spent a week with us last November, it was
our first time to be able to visit with her and in that
week I fell totally in love with this child. I regretted not
being in her life more.
Thaisy has done a wonderful job raising this child as a single parent.
It is so obvious just how close they are,
she doesn't look much like her mom but so is her 
mother's daughter in her mannerisms and her 
soft-spoken ways. Love ya, Cass!!!
Take a look at the handsome men with me in the top picture!!!
No, I was not flirting!!!!
The cutie on my left is my most handsome nephew,
Yuri!!!!
I look at him and can definitely see Larry in him.
He too is quiet but his eyes say it all,
big brown eyes unlike our blue and green eyes,
oh, but they are ours, they say so much that his
mouth doesn't. I watched him a few times during the night
just taking all of the excitement in and I just know
how happy he was to be there.
Before leaving on Saturday, he asked if maybe we could plan
a family reunion....
yes, my dear, we will.
You see he has this beautiful son, Ethan who many of us have
never met and It is important to Yuri as well as us
that we get to meet him....
stay posted about family reunion!!!!!
The other cute guy is Thaisy's significant other, Ray.
Now Ray thinks we are all crazy but
he can't help himself to want to be around us.
He is so good to Thaisy and Cass.
Thank you Ray for getting the gang to our wedding.
Admit it, Ray,
you know you love me even though you believe I am cracked!!!!
Well, long winded today but just
couldn't let these feelings of family leave me
without mentioning just how important
it was to see this fine family my brother
made. Love to you all!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Well, My Sister, Lilly, most definitely said it all!!! Ditto to everything...it was just great to see you all and spend time. I had so much fun dancing with Thaisy and Yuri, and yea, Ray, I saw you and Thaisy dancing in the background. You're so shy..yea, right, huh, Thaisy!!! We will most definitely put together a family reunion at "Celena's" and we'll get Nanny to bring her old movies; it'll be so much fun!! Just when we think life is getting boring, along comes another event...WOOHOO...Onward, Troops...Let's party!!!

    All my love,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THE PICTURES, LIL. WE ALL HAD SO MUCH FUN AT THE WEDDING AND SPENDING TIME WITH LARRY'S FAMILY IT WAS LIKE HE WAS HERE WITH US. TO ALL OUR TEXAS FAMILY, YEA YOU TO RAY, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO COME TO LOUISIANA. YOU MADE US ALL HAPPY BUT MOST OF ALL YOU MADE MOMMIE MINTA HAPPY AND THAT'S WHAT COUNT IN THIS TIME OF HER LIFE. THE PARTY WILL BE IN THE PLANNING STAGE REAL SOON. LUPITA I KNOW THAT YOU AND LARRY SHOULD HAVE BEEN TOGETHER ALL THESE YEARS OF SEPARATION. I KNOW IN MY HEART THAT HE LOVED HIS CHILDREN, GRANDCHILD, AND YOU TOO! YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MY SISTER-IN-LAW, LUPI!

    HOPE TO SEE YOU'LL OVER THE SUMMER
    LOVE ALL OF YOU,
    AUNT RONNIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the wonderful blog about my family. You guys are so awesome and spending time with you all reminded me how awesome you guys are. We had a blast at the wedding. Honestly, this was one of the best and funnest weddings I have been to in a very long long time. You are all such wonderful people. i admire how close you guys are. I pray that we can all stay in touch and that we can continue to make beautiful memories. We definately need to plan a family reunion. I love you all so much and I thank you for a wonderful weekend. Thank you for making us all feel like part of the family. You guys are soo much fun. I know my dad was at the wedding that night because at one point I whispered Poppy are you here? and as soon as I asked that the band played a Freddie Fender song, actually one that my dad used o play in his guitar. As soon as the song began playing Yuri looked right at me with a huge grin. His eyes lite up and I knew we were both thinking the same thing. This blogging is so awesome because I can stay in touch with you all and see what is new in your lives. I love you all so much and thanks for keeping my dad's memory alive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAISY IF YOU ONLY KNEW HOW PROUD YOUR "BAYOU FAMILY" IS OF ALL OF YOU. OUR BROTHER AND YOUR MOM DID A WONDERFUL JOB WITH ALL OF YOU. PLEASE CONTINUE TO WRITE THRU THESE BLOGS SO THAT WE CAN KEEP IN TOUCH AND IF URIE CAN GET INVOLVED AND OF COURSE OUR LITTLE CASSIE. BOY, I LOVE THAT GIRL! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PERSON, INSIDE AND OUT!

    HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON!
    AUNT RONNIE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thaisy, It was so good to see all of you at the wedding. I regret not being able to spend the day with you all and be in the pictures. Maybe I can get in on the next pictures at the family reunion!! Just wanted to volunteer to buy and cook all the food for the reunion if you would like C. I can't wait to see ya'll again and just so you know, it is you all who is helping us keep your Dad's memory alive in our hearts. So, please keep in touch with us through these blogs because we all feel like it is a connection to our Texas family. On one of these blogs (don't remember if it was Lilly's or Peter's, but) I indicated how we must take care of our selves and be careful because we lost a piece of our Mother the day Larry died that we would never be able to get back. I was wrong!!! (I know ya'll are shocked). I believe in MY heart that we got that piece of Mom back this past weekend of the wedding and I also believe it was through the Texas family's visit that made it possible. So.....THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND THANK YOU AGAIN for bringing that piece of our Momma home to us. I know she will always have a big hole in her heart for the loss of her first born son, but you all have filled part of that empty hole and there is no way thay I could ever explain how greatful I am to all of you for that. I love you in Texas very deeply and am looking forward to the family reunion!
    LOVE,
    AUNT ROSIE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so excited to see you guys too!! Yuri! I can't wait to meet Ethan and take a picture with them to really see how much they look alike!
    I Love3 you all!

    Titania

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! It was wonderful to see you! Guy was excited to see you all too! Thank you so much for being there. We hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete