Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Only my baby girl...


Only my baby girl can go to watch a Ladies night parade
and find herself riding on the float.
I am still not clear on how it happened and
figure I will never know the whole story.
However, I do know how I found out.
After getting back from Lafayette and fighting
the crazy people in Thibodaux who are
leaving the parade route by the manor,
I decide to put the old PJ's on early and
sit down in the quiet of my cute little home
with my two cuter pups to watch
BEVERLY HILLS Chihuahua
Text from Mikie says
that he can't believe that Jesi was riding on a float
in the Ladies Golden Meadow parade and I wasn't there
to see it.
Mikie is known for pulling legs so of course I don't believe him,
Like Jesi would be riding in a parade and not know it
and not call me to tell me.
I tell Mikie he is a storyteller and proceed to
watch my movie.
He is so upset that I don't believe him, like he would
make up such a thing?! He begins to call
my home and then my cell and I ignore the rings.
I text back that I am watching a movie and won't answer.
He continues to text telling me she was masked and screaming,
"I LOVE YA"LL" and dancing it up on the float.
Whatever Mikie, I just know she is probably sitting
right next to him laughing at the fact that I would
believe such a thing.
I am not biting and he is insistent that I call after
the dumb movie, that by the way he hated, so
Rebecca could tell me the truth because she don't lie
and it is important that I believe him.
Then I get a text from big sis Ronnie.
She says she didn't know Jesi was riding in a parade.
I think Mikie is really going out of his way to have me
fall for this joke.
He just won't let up so I call him after my movie
and Rebecca has me believing this may be true.
Cuz my niece won't lie to her Auntie Lil.
HMMMM maybe there is some truth to this.
I text Chase and sure enough he confirms the fact
that Jesi did ride in the parade and is very
evasive on how it happened.
Jesi calls at 11:30 pm and I am already asleep
but she too says she was a float rider
and she too can't tell me how it happened.
All I know is only my baby girl,
could skip all the preparation that comes
with riding in a float, the months
of work it takes to prepare and find
herself on the day of the parade on that thing
screaming and dancing, saying she loves everybody.
I am telling you, that girl should work in politics...

3 comments:

  1. You forget the best part .... music is jammin and there's one rider showing off moves (evidently light on the thows). Behind the mask, there's a whole new Reira.... paprika was "shaking the money maker" ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think this was on Paprika's bucket list since her days are numbered...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, everybody came running in the house after the parade to tell me that Jesi was on the float and I'm like..."oh, yeah, she must have been riding with Ms. Nicole" and then proceeded to let my big head fall back on the pillow. Hope you had a good time, Jesi, and Lil, the comment about Paprika's Bucket List is priceless. I think I need at least Tylenol to get over this painful laughing!!

    ReplyDelete