Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

LOVE LETTERS...

It is a known fact that I am in love with love letters.
Not the type that comes across email or text
but the handwritten type that come by the mail.
I am known for randomly making cards and filling
them with the words of sweet nothings and mailing
to whomever I am thinking of at the time.
A gift will not come from me without a handwritten note.
My children get a love note from me for each Christmas
and each birthday.
As they were growing up they knew that if they
asked me what I wanted for a holiday the answer would be
" A love letter"
So yesterday, I get home and there is a fat business size
envelope from C.
I don't open it right away because I believed it to
have a schedule on how to read the Bible in one year.
When HOBL and I come back from supper I settle
down to check it out and what is there?
An old fashioned love letter written by my sister
who is not one to send these types of things.
This even makes it more special.
You see because it is not written in a store bought
card or typed on her computer.
It is on regular lined school paper and it
is in the handwriting that I have known my whole life,
the handwriting that I would recognize in a line up of handwritings.
It is filled with hand drawn drawings all done
with highlighters. This too makes it even
more special, it is her talent at its best.
She is a business woman and what else would her
drawings be done in but highlighter markers?
Five pages filled with love...
How she loves me. I shed some tears, you know I do.
She mentions in her letter that she knows I will save it.
Yep, if you have ever given me something with your words on it
I have it saved. However somehow, I will be scrapping
this diamond so that I can see and read it often.
There is no store bought item that would mean more to me
than this gift.
Thank you is just not enough for how I feel about
this wonderful gift that costed C's time and 44 cents.
I love you, C and thanks again!

5 comments:

  1. I just said "awwww shaaa" in my Aunt Jeanie voice..... and wiped the spit off of the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I almost forgot..... that would be camel and gull (gull -- a beautiful, graceful flier whose presence makes you smile ...... and it too has no gall bladder)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT'S MY "SNOT NOSE C" ALWAYS LOOKING OUT FOR OTHERS ENEV WHEN SHE NEEDS LOOKING OUT FOR HERSELF. EVERYONE BUT HER COMES FIRST!!

    LOVE YOU C AND, OF COURSE, YOU TOO LIL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you all could see the book that she made especially for me for my birthday, the true love of this wonderful sister of ours, would hit you like a ton of bricks. She spent so much time and went through so much trouble to make this book just for me. She gave it to me at Bingo and although I was able to glance through it, I just couldn't wait to get to home to be able to endulge in this beauty alone. Contained in this book are two letters that she wrote to me when I left for college and never gave to me until she presented this great gift to me. Of course I could thank her a million times, but I knew the best way to show my true gratitude was to write her a letter. We all know, through blogging, that things are best said in writing than in person.
    So again, Lil, thanks so much for the gift; one I will treasure forever and ever and share with my grandchildren one day.

    Love you,Lil, and, of course you too, NeNa!!
    Don't know what I'd do with you either, My Nannie, My Friend, My Sister!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, NeNa, I Meant:

    Don't know what I'd do without you either, My Nannie, My Friend, My Sister!!!

    I'm sure you know what I Meant...hehehe..MUAH!!!

    Love, Snot Nose, No Mo Gall Bladder, C

    ReplyDelete