Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Happy Happy, Joy Joy

That is what I am this Saturday Morning!!!
You know those mornings when you set the alarm
at your regular wake-up time, 5 am
with all intentions of shutting it off with the
happy feeling of knowing this morning you do not have
to drag up at that time.
Always puts a smile on my face at 5 am.
Just looking for this picture of Ren and Stimpy this morning
reminded me of the Nickelodeon Saturday night Line up
myself and Baby boy and Baby Girl used
to crave for all day on Saturdays.
We would take early baths to gear up for the tv shows.
REN AND STIMPY
ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK
ALL THAT
I know Jesi remembers the whole line-up her
memory is great for those things as my
mind is more in tune with the actual memory.
Yep, Saturday night was a night that me and the babies
looked forward to.
All three of us have Saturday night memories.
Then we would stay awake until 10:30 and without
fail we watched Saturday Night Live
I would butter us crackers, fix us each a soft drink
and we would sit in front our old console tv
on our old couch all three of us and
laugh to the skits of Saturday Night Live.
Sometimes friends came to sleep but they
were still expected to watch the line-up with us.
Remember, my babies...
Come on Rod and Jesi share your Saturday night
memories, lets see if we have the same ones...
Baby boy everyone who reads this blog asks
where the heck is Baby boy.
Share with us all of you,
WHAT SATURDAY NIGHT MEMORIES DO YOU HAVE?
If you have none, then don't you think it's time to make some?

4 comments:

  1. Yeah Rod.. post some of you and KD's recent Saturday Night memories...... that would kick start this blog a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got some good Saturday Night ones ... I'd park my black mustang at the gate off of the four lane that was dead behind cj's house ... the road wasn't complete to the back and the landowner had a cattle gate ... then me and the future misses would walk through the damp grass to the house where Tie usually had some crappy movie rented and sometimes Minta with her disgusting "woobie" would be there. CJ usually was snoring and Veronica was usually beading a dress or something like that... we'd pop popcorn... watch a crappy movie ... and fuss Tie the whole time about the movie .... once we watched The Exorcist and the future wife fell asleep on the sofa and when I looked over her eyes weren't completely shut and I freaked out ... Veronica was there and we got a good laugh ... then once everyone was asleep and I finished raiding the ice box .... I'd re-arrange all of the photos of the girls (Veronica had the three girls' school pictures on the wall from K-12 in order) I'd put one of Tif's in Tie's row and two of Tie's in Beck's row and so on ... just subtle enough that you wouldn't notice.. sometimes it would be a week before they caught it... I also swapped around the pictures in the bathroom and hall constantly . There you go ... Saturday night at W 133 ST circa 1989.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA, AND GUYS, HE STILL IS DOING THAT. JUST THE OTHER DAY I SAW PICS OUT OF ORDER AND THOUGHT "MIKIE WAS HERE!" THINGS AROUND WEST 133RD STREET NEVER CHANGE!!

    OUR SATURDAY WHEN THE KIDS WERE YOUNGER WAS GOING TO THE PARK, ZOO, CITY PARK, OR PONCHERTRAIN(SC) BEACH. WE USE TO GO TO GRAND ISLE A LOT. OF COURSE, THAT WAS AFTER THEIR ROOMS WERE CLEANED, YEA RIGHT!! I REMEMBER MARDI GRAS WE WOULD MAKE THE PARADES FROM GRAND ISLE TO HOUMA. HEY, GUY, YOU REMEMBER!! GUY STILL TALKES ABOUT THAT. WISH I COULD STILL DO THAT WITH THE GRANDKIDS BUT I GUESS I'M "NOT AS YOUNG AS I USE TO BE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are still doing the same things that we'd do on Saturdays, spend time at the camp, drive to different places dreaming about the day when we'd have a place of our own. Although I'm still out of commission from this freaking surgery (remember no pain meds today...I'm about to change my mind though..hehehe) my husband, two wonderful sons and friends from Kansas are enjoying this absolutely gorgeous time at the camp. Last week, while Ted and I were in Steaamboat, Arthur and his good buddy, Cody, pretty much did a remodeling job in the living room and kitchen of the camp. Kris was at school and he made a booming score of 114 on his entrance exam into nursing clinicals...YES!! There were a couple of male nurses when I was having my procedure and I just couldn't help but to boast that my youngest son was going to be a nurse and how my oldest son was a diesel mechanic. Yes, their careers are far apart from each other, but my heart is so happy to see them so close to each other. I'm blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete