Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

cell phones vs. Bible

In my religious upbringing, we were not
taught to avidly read the Bible.
We were told stories and parables about
the Bible but to actually sit down and read
the Great Book, it just wasn't taught.
Even as an adult, I find it a hard thing
to read. At church on Sunday in our
bulletin there is this short comparison
of the Bible to a cell phone:
CELL PHONES VS. BIBLE
I wonder what would happen if we treated
our Bible like we treated our cell phone?
What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we flipped through it several times a day?
What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
What if we gave it to kids as gifts?
What if we used it when we traveled?
What if we used it in case of emergencies?
This is something to make you go....hmmmm...
Where is my Bible?
So remember this...
You'll never have dropped calls and unlike
cell phones, we don't have to worry about our
Bible being disconnected because Jesus
already paid the bill.
But most important of all....
you will never have to ask:
"Can you hear me now?"
Thought I would share this with all of you guys.
Have a good Thursday!

8 comments:

  1. Not very often will you get my serious two cents so call this day special. As we all know, the Bible is a book of books who's authors were inspired by the God. All are works of literature. The Gospels recount Jesus's life and teachings. When you look at it from a literary standpoint, it is not an "easy read"... The easy parts and for most the important parts are the stories of Jesus which are somewhat easy to read... the message is pretty simple and easy to understand but the when is the last time you sat down and tried to read Job, Ezra, or Daniel or yet Revelation? It's easy to pull verses and quotes but sit downa and actually read it? Not easy. Also remember, the Church provides the verses for you so you don't need to bring your Bible. It's all in your daily Missle. So I hope you all enjoyed my serious side because it's fading fast .................................................

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did enjoy this side of you Mikie, but I absolutely love your humor, too!!

    I just texted Lil that I have a daily schedule that if followed, by the end of the year, you would have read the complete Bible. I use a Teen Bible so that I can better understand and although I've started several times, I never managed to complete the entire year.

    Revelations, to me, is like a Stephen King script..very hard to read, understand and believe. You're right, the Bible is filled with stories that are quite entertaining, but also hard to believe; I guess that's where Faith comes in though.

    Well, had my dose of religion for the day.

    God Bless Everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love Uncle Ron's perspective ..... (there went my seriousness... told you it was fading)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY FAMILY I HAVE BEEN READING THE BIBLE FOR A LONG TIME. EVERY SINCE MY FIRST CANCER.AT FIRST I DID NOT UNDERSTAND ANY OF IT BUY I KEPT ON READING IT.IT TOOK ME A YEAR TO READ IT ALL. THEN I STARTED AGAIN ANOTHER YEAR. I JUST KRPT ON READING THE BIBLE. EVERY TIME I WOULD READ IT THROUGH OUT THE YEARS I UNDERSTOOD MORE AND MORE OF IT.I WOULD READ A PASSAGE I HAD READ MANY TIMES AND COULD NOT GET ITBUT MANY TIMES THE CHAPTER THE VERSE OR THE PASSAGE WAS REVELED TO ME AND I GOT THE MESSAGE. THE LESSION HERE IS KEEP ON READING BUT DO NOT LINGER ON WHAT YOU DO NOT GET GO ON TO THE NEXT PART AND SOON GOD WILL HELP YOU MANY TIMES ONLY THE PART OF TTHR BIBLE THAT HE WANTS YOU TO KNOW AT A CERTAIN TIME A MESSAGE JUST FOR YOU HE IS SUCH AN AUSOM DUDE LOVE BIG SISTER MONE

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you'll don't understand it, maybe we can schedule some study time, because I consider myself a scholar in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a scholar!!!!!!!!!! I would not sign up nor pay any money for this study time.... I should have never taught HOBL how to use facebook cuz now he wants to chat with me when I am in the next room and believe me the things that come through chat are not anything he learned while reading Bible!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I FOR ONE PERFER TO READ "ARCHIE" COMIC BOOKS. THEY TEACH YOU ABOUT LIFE: WILL ARCHIE STAY WITH VERONICA EVEN IF BETTY WOULD LIKE TO OUT WITH HIM? WILL REGGIE EVER GET HIS CHANCE WITH VERONICA? WILL JUGHEAD EVER GET HIS HEAD STRAIGHT ON HIS SHOLDERS? AND "BIG MOOSE" BY ALL HEALTH LAWS HE NEEDS TO LOSE WEIGHT. NOT AS BORING, NOT AS HARD TO READ, GETS JUST AS MUCH OUT IF IT. NOT PUTTING DOWN THOSE WHO LIKES TO READ THE BIBLE BUT ME GIVE ME "THEM OLD TIME COMIC BOOKS". THAT'S MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOW ABOUT AN "AMEN" TO THIS FATHER RON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete