Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

IN memory of Alexa Miller

Today Alexa's family begin to lay her to rest.
Being from the small community of "down the bayou"
all knew and loved Alexa.
Whether it be as part of her life or
cheering from her afar, you knew Alexa.
Once you knew her you looked past her
disabilities to see this young girl who
lived life to the fullest and a Mother who
allowed her to do the things that would have
been much easier to try and protect her from.
So today my blog is dedicated to
ALEXA MILLER
and her family
BECAUSE YOU LOVE ME
BY JODEE MESSINA
(words altered)
I don't know how I survived in this world
for all this time
I only know that I lived
because you loved me.
When I recall what I've been through
Why I did the things I did
Now I know it is
because you loved me.
And now that you were in my life
I am so glad that I lived
because you showed me the way
now I know how good it can be
because you loved me.
I believe in things unseen
I believe in the message of a dream
and I believe in what I am
because you loved me.
With all my heart and all my soul
I am loving you and never will let go
and every day I'll let it show
because you love me.

Rest in Peace, Alexa and may your Mom, Dad, brother
and you extended family find the same peace.

3 comments:

  1. God bless her family. She was a beautiful child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was ange's best friend she cried when she found out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deepest consolescences to the entire family of Alexa. I can remember once, at the ballpark I believe, where there was another younger kid who kept on staring at her and finally Alexa offered the kid some of whatever she was eating and before you knew it the youngster was sitting next to Alexa sharing food. Just proved that on the inside, she was no different from anyone else. If we could only count how many differences Alexa made in her short lifetime, it would be more than most of us accomplish in our long lifetimes.

    Praying that you all find comfort in your loss.

    ReplyDelete