Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

TO SOME I ALREADY AM A COUGAR

While working at a local high school
I over hear two learning and physically disabled students in the cafeteria having
a disagreement. I remind them to be nice.
One tells me that the other said to him
that if he eats his cornbread he is
"GUNNA KICK HIS A-S-S"
He spells the word because you know,
you can't curse in school.
I tell the adolescent who made the original comment
to be nice. he responds,
"I am always nice but if he touches my cornbread I will kick his ass"
he seems to forget the school rule of no cursing.
Now we are involved in a conversation.
One asks me where I graduated from.
I explain that I graduated from South Lafourche
but it was a long time ago, even before they were born.
"What year?" they are now both curious.
"1981"
Now here is why I love some adolescents, especially
those who have a rougher time with learning or their
medical handicaps.
"YOU BE LOOKING GOOD NURSE!"
Now I am happy and I add, "Yes I am now 46"
"46?! You be looking darn good"
He turns to his buddy who by now has devoured his cornbread.
"SHE BE LOOKING LIKE A FINE YOUNG LADY"
His friend agrees and Ol' Auntie Lil is smiling big, big.
So you see, to some I already am a COUGAR...
Does it count, heck yes,
to me it counts.
Chuckles on Auntie Lil this morning.

8 comments:

  1. YES INDEED!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure be looking good!!! Gotta love our kids on da bayou!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I actually had the privelege of listening to my "Cougar Sister" tell the story and it is hilarious to hear it. So, the next time you see "Cougar Lil", ask her to tell you the story about the cornbread kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now Lil, shouldn't you consider your sources?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have considered my sources,it's why I said to some...
    hey at my age you gotta take what you can get, but really isn't that hysterical?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey little sister You look pretty cool for some one your age.Love Big sister Mone

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey my beautiful niece I am so happy you are o k The power of prayers are so great I know that power I have been there me and GOD several times and HE has never failed me abd HE came through again. Love Taunt Mone

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can relate to the ass whipping cornbread comment.... back in my day, which I can proudly say was not as long ago as your day, the band of brothers from other mothers that I ran with had those kinds of statements at lunch daily.. because basically we were pigs during lunch and all was fair game. You never ever got up to get something you forgot because you could easily return to a chicken bone....

    ReplyDelete