Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

"but it won't be today..."

Seems as though all this Lenten season is about
this year is forgiveness.
Because I don't feel there is anyone close to me
that I feel I need to ask or give forgiveness to
right now I began to focus on those who I
don't know personally.
Most of you know how I get fired up about
cheaters, those who cheat the government,
the innocent but mostly those who
cheat on their marriage vows.
Those who look for love in all the wrong places.
So I begin to realize, who am I to judge
the Tiger Woods and David Vitters' of the world?
So I begin to ask God to help me realize that even
these people play a role in the world,
even these things have their reasons...
So I think I am almost there and a friend sends me this:
"THE BEST REVENGE YOU CAN GIVE A WOMAN WHO
SLEEPS WITH YOUR HUSBAND IS TO LET HER HAVE HIM"
and I laugh, I laugh hard, phaaahhhaaaa and I say to myself, "YES!"
...and I realize I am not there yet...
so to quote words from a song my baby boy wrote,
"YOU KEEP WAITING FOR ME TO CHANGE MY WAYS
BUT IT WON'T BE TODAY"
and I say to you all...
I am a sinner, a laughing sinner.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder where you got that quote from??? I still love it and its definately true!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a couple of quotes for you... "In revenge and in love, woman is more barbarous than man" ... and "I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you" Friedrich Nietzche.. German scholar. Kind of fits your blog today. and for Nonc Ron... "If a duck stood still you could catch him by the bill" .. Ernest T Bass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Crystal, it was you that made my day!!!

    ReplyDelete