Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

SHARING WARS

Does being married, being in a family mean you have
to share everything with the ones you live with?
To always lovingly give all that you have for the betterment
of the health of the family,
I am here to tell you NO!
There are some things that are meant to be shared
if the person who borrows picks it up afterwards.
There are other things that you should not have to share at all.
Okay now let me explain.
Baby girl and HOBL think that everything in the
house is community property.
Now I don't want to sound selfish but
yep, in some areas I am selfish.
I am in the shower, I keep all I need for grooming
purposes in my shower rack.
So I am wet, warm, and my eyes are closed because
I am ready to wash my hair.
I feel around, can't find that familiar feel of the
shampoo bottle...
Why? Because baby girl decided that she likes my shampoo.
Not because it has extra conditioners or smells good
but because it is free and available...
Washing your hair with Dial soap is just not the same.
Now, getting over this, I decide maybe while I am here
I should shave these old legs of mine.
Smartly I look to see my trusty orange Bic throw away
is there. So I lather up them legs all ready to go...
But the Bic is full of thick black stubble...
It just won't run across my legs.
HOBL decided to use it to shave his face
and put it back where it belongs.
So the legs aren't shaved and the hair smells like
pink Dove....
I get out the shower, trying to get over the fact
that I have nothing that belongs to me.
Coming to brush my teeth,
thankfully my toothbrush is there
but who in the heck borrowed my toothpaste?
Well, I know exactly where to look,
in HOBL's grooming bag of course.
This is just one example, there are many others.
Like coming back from church on Sunday morning
to see the Man of my life lying on the sofa with
one leg up like a GQ model sporting
my favorite Pajama bottom.
Why, you question would such a manly man
have on my black plaid pajama bottoms,
not because he is comfortable with his feminine side
which, by the way, he is...
but because he has to wash his clothes all at one time
and when he does this nothing else that he owns can
get dirty hence he wears my clothes so his is all clean
at one time. Now this site makes me laugh but come on,
can't I have anything that belongs to me?
The biggest pet peeve I have is what I call the
COMPUTER WARS
Baby girl was the first to get her Apple laptop.
I fell in love with it and borrowed it sometimes
but she had a fit every time I borrowed it because
"You have your own PC, why are you always using mines?"
I could have gone into a long conversation about
how everything I own becomes hers but instead
I break down and buy my own Apple laptop.
Then HOBL found out the wonderful things of wireless
internet and being able to lay anywhere and play.
Why I feel like an Apple is now the only way to go.
I knew I was in trouble with sharing my computer
when I noticed him putting the old PC in the attic.
However, I am not so selfish that I would not share my
laptop.... So what did I do?
Well for his birthday I also bought him his own
Apple Laptop, better than both mines
and Baby girls with all the latest features,
light-up keyboard and all,
I must admit I was just a little bit jealous,
but you know, now I can have my own computer.
Why did we need three expensive laptops in one home?
Isn't this just a little extravagant for a family that
prides themselves on their frugal (cough, cough cheap)
ways? Well, when HOBL uses a computer,
he can't leave it up and running.
He has this fear that if her leaves anything logged on to
his name some hacker will get into his "stuff"
and steal everything.
So if he uses your computer, all your sign-ins,
all your passwords, all your histories are gone and
you have to relog into everything....
this drives me crazy!!! I leave everything
up on my computer, but why should it matter right?
Why should it be a war now that everyone has their own right?
Well all too often I come home from TES only to find
that one of those darn people I love has been on my computer.
They still sometimes would prefer using MY COMPUTER
rather than theirs and I can't explain why.
I have asked nicely, I have begged, I have fussed,
Shoot I have yanked my own computer right out of
HOBL's lap to stop this habit from forming.
Now it has come to the point that I actually have to HIDE
my laptop. Yes, just like a child hiding her favorite toy,
I HIDE it. The problem with that became that
then it was a game to see if HOBL could find it and use it,
bragging when I return from work saying,
"Guess what I found today?" in a sing-song voice.
Yep, he uses his free time hunting and using my laptop rather
than take his out of its protective casing and use his own.
Which has made this thing a COMPUTER WAR.
The bad thing about that is that I have used so many
hiding places only to be found, that I have
myself even forgot where I have hidden my Apple.
I lost it for two day last week....
They say an APPLE a day keeps the doctor away,
but I am telling you if these people don't leave
my APPLE alone someone is going to be sick!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. GREAT SOLUTION!!!!! BRING IT WITH YOU! YOU HAVE WIRELESS SO IT'S POSSIBLE! AS YOU WALK OUT YOUR DOOR TO GO TO WORK, PICK UP YOUR PURSE AND YOUR LAPTOP AND ON THE WAY OUT SAY IN YOUR SINGING VOICE "GUESS WHAT YOU WILL NOT FIND TODAY!"
    L U

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to need some time to digest this one... so buckle up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kick the kid and the husband on the curb .... problem sovled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Problem is Mikie, i can't! one I love unconditionally, the other I just love, can't figure it out myself but looks like I am in for the long haul.
    Jesi's final path report on Paprika, fibroadenoma, all benign we can really know put that "spicy one" to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and Mikie..... that would be solved.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. well what's good for the goose is good for the gander .... "solved"

    p.s. put a password on your computer.... it's all yours from there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankful to hear that Jesi is well!

    ReplyDelete