Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Palo Alto, Donaldsonvile, louisiana


HOBL gets a lot of ribbing for bringing us to God-forsaken places.
He gets teased a lot for finding the cheapest places imaginable
for our family excursions. Oh but this weekend,
HE MADE AN A PLUS!!!!
What a wonderful log cabin in the middle of Donaldsonville woods.
The kids got to shoot skeet....
there was these awesome peacocks who followed us around
and slept high in the trees.
The history in this amazing log cabin was so much for me,
I was happy, happy!!!!
An old happy hunting camp in the middle of nowhere,
a roaring fire for two days...
Baby girl and I sat on the porch swing...
...and read to our little hearts were content.
I am telling you this cabin had so much rustic beauty
that no one could have not loved this place.
Baby girl and "Bruddah" bbqued on the antique outside porch pit.
We viewed a streaker, only to find out those "whitie-tighties"
belonged to none other than my HOBL...
Even the peacock looked fearful.
You know he will do anything to get those kids laughing...
Baby boy and girl took a ride on the alterain vehicle.
This is not Baby boy's bait, he actually caught this fishing.
Chase took Baby girl for a romantic boat ride,
almost flipped a few times but they made it.
HOBL enjoyed the view, especially of his lovelies enjoying
their time together.
How can you not be in love with this place.



The hunters did quite well...
So next time HOBL says,
"We are going on a family trip"
It may not always be bad, this wasn't even a Griswald trip.
Only one thing was missing,
Our KD...
So many times I said how Kd would have loved this.
Baby boy asked, "Mom, why are you so worried about KD?"
And I realized, that just like when I went somewhere
without my kiddies, I would always say that I wish they
were there to experience things with me.
I feel the same about KD.
Missed her much...

7 comments:

  1. Nice - I should have never doubted!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we comment on the tightie whities with the stripe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Mikie, but just in case you are wondering, that is his Plaisance Dragline hat he was wearing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a fine line between funny and lunacy .... not sure where Ron fits.... and could you imagine if I had sent him the PD&D boxers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, looked like one WONDERFUL place where wonderful memories were made!! It also looks like my kinda place, peace serenity and a GOOD BOOK!!!

    Now, however, I must comment on the streaker!! Gotta love the socks!!! Gotta love that Uncle Ronnie!!!

    Love you guys and so happy ya'll had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since there's no new post... I'll just give some commentary on the pictures .... From the top... Second Picture.. I didn't realize you were practicing the opening scene of "A Few Good Men" .... Fourth Picutre ... I can hear Ron "Damn Jesi, Daddy just finished cleaning that freezer, how do you like it?" .. Sixth and Seventh ... both thoughts are the same "They took the frickin keys hunting with them... stranded!" ... Ninth Picture ... Jesi " This is sooo Gross" .. Chase ... "Where's the Leeville Restaurant when you need it ... I hope she gets this cooking thing down soon or I'm gone" ... Tenth Picture ... "OLLIE OLLIE OXEN FREE .... DADDY'S GONNA FIND YOU --- RODDIE -- DADDY'S COMING" -- Eleventh Picture -- "Roddie, just frickin drive! Don't stop! Those are Fruit of the Looms he's got on ... go! go! go!" .. Pic 12 .. " Katie, baby, THIS IS WHAT YOU SIGNED UP FOR!".. Pic 13 ... "Screw the keys Chase.. Paddle us back to Thibodaux" Pic 14 .. "Lil.. couldn't you see this profice on a coin?? ...I wonder what goes in that hole?" AND THE LAST PIC AT THE BOTTOM... WE GET THOUGHTS FROM THE DOG "Put me in a box... put me in a kennel... put me anywhere .. just get that gun out that dude's hand... that bald one keeps wanting me to roll over and the one with glasses is just plain weird."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lived in D'Ville for twenty years and never knew of that place,Ronnie why are you running around D'Ville without clothes? Man the women of color love white men,ha Love Big Sister Mone

    ReplyDelete