Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Historical Easter Pictures...

I have never been one of those Momma's that
stand in line in malls to get annual Easter Bunny pictures.
I never got that, parents stand in long lines
only to have their children go ballistic with fear
of the oversized rabbit wanting to hold them.
It is hard for me to understand how any of
these children look forward to Easter after
sitting on the big Rabbit's lap.
However, even with all that being said,
I do have a few of the children with the Bunny.
Like this one they begged to take at Oak Alley Plantation
Craft show. We went to that craft show every year while
the babies were growing up. It was one of our favorite things to do.
The weather that day was beautiful, baby girl had her
Easter egg dress on, one of the few dresses you
could ever get her in. Baby boy had bought this
tie-dyed shirt that day and had to put it on immediately.
Oh and there was this one when baby boy was fairly new
before I came to the realization that there
is no reason a child should be put through this against his will.
Like look at the terror in that baby boy's face!!!!
Then there is this one...
Yes
HOBL
has his own
picture with the Easter Bunny...
I think he
is lacking
in childhood memories
of Easter
he
presented this
picture
to me
one
Easter
just a few years
ago...
how
can
you
not
LOVE
this
man...
Yep, this is what it is like every day
to call yourself a Riera,
always a joke
it can get old and drive you crazy sometimes,
but as Kate Goslin would say,
"It might be a crazy life, but it is our life"

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I have even mentioned the easter bunny to Camille Ana - I think they will at pre-school - darn...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm upset. That's not my hat Ronald is wearing.

    ReplyDelete