Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

farewell HOBL


Well after 6 weeks home,
HOBL heads back to Alaska today.
I often tell him and others
that I am not used to having him home
all the time and never have I ever
understood the relationship of those
who have a husband home every night.
Yet, after having him home for all this time,
we have adjusted nicely to each other.
Yes, he still did drive me batty,
yes, he still walks behind me to pick
up everything I may not pick up right away.
Yet, I have adjusted to all of this
and he has adjusted to me.
This tells me that we will be fine when
he and I retire...
Yesterday when baby girl left to take him
to sleep in New Orleans last night to fly out
today I was sad in the house.
There is a quiet here that hasn't been
part of my life for 6 weeks
and as much as I love the company of myself,
I guess this is what you call lonesome.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing how we adjust to the life we choose to live.

    ReplyDelete