Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

computer burn-out

Scrap pages to share with all of you...
Jesi pretends she doesn't like scrapping but
one day she surprised me with this awesome page she made.
Page I made about my honey, Kd
Grand Isle ladies retreat, oh how I miss Grand Isle and
good friends...
Made for Jesi's album
One day a long time ago, playing in the yard.
Look how young Jesi, Kris, Hugh and Tedi are!
Love letter about my baby boy
This page houses the love letter I blogged about
that C wrote me not long ago.
Mumsie and Daddy a long, long time ago...

Lately I have found myself not wanting to
play on this computer in the afternoons.
Which leaves my email box so jam-packed full
of mostly junk emails.
This week I have resorted to old fashioned
reading, watching movies, and falling asleep
way too early.
I want to think it has something to do
with myself getting used to Daylight savings time.
So, it got me to thinking, is there such a thing
as computer burn-out? Is this new
computer age taking us away from the things
that used to make our lives simple?
When we complain that children are spending
too much time playing video games and no one
plays outside anymore, can we say the same
about ourselves?
So this week I have taken a little break from
so much time on this computer.
Once this weather warms up and I get
a little break from this back issue,
I will make it a point to do something outside
every day. I want to get my yard to the
beauty it once was and oh, it is far, far away
from that.
So If blogging isn't happening everyday,
don't be concerned, Old Auntie Lil
will probably be planting, playing in the yard
or reading a good book...
or scrapping, I haven't been scrapping enough
so I share a few of my scrap pages in hopes I
get the urge to go into my scraproom and
make some art.

6 comments:

  1. Good! B/c frankly, I prefer when you have time to think and put together an interesting topic instead of giving us "twittercated" .... and maybe now nonc ron can plant his tomatoes and someone will water them .... and maybe you can take more field trips down to see your beloved family bc the day is coming my dear when ole aunt lil will be hauling that little silver car north bound as part of the "stupid" club ... (but honestly, we all know what's going on ... Nonc Ron's been home for 3 weeks now --- love is in the air).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey wait little sister you can't do that. I'm just getting inyo this gig and you just decided to stop writing? You can't do this to your big sister.I just found the little mark on top of the words like can't and i'm and don'y. you know what I'm talking about. come on little sister give me a break keeping on writing trome. o.k.? Lpve Big SisterMone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the misspelled words it's not that I can't spell. It's tht I'm a little rusty on my typing .It's been a long time since I learned typing with Mr. Narver Love Big Sister Mone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Computer burnout does happen. Take a break. Clean out the e-mail, hun. Behold the power of the UNSCUBSCRIBE link at the bottom of the e-mail!!!!! Do it and watch the number of e-mails shrink dramatically!!!!! I did it and man I am happy!! On facebook -- I have every app except 1 blocked - yep that is correct 1. my puter time is clutter free too.
    Leaves me more time to cook and document that for my blog and explore photoshop software and digital photography
    and now gardening again
    and
    and
    and
    time for sleep

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh - lovely pages by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey little sister baby girl did a great job on scrapping good job baby girl Love Taunt Mone and Big Sister

    ReplyDelete