Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

4 more days


Four days until I can call the
2009-2010 school year history.
What a year it has been.
Much good things, many frustrations
many times I thought,
"gee, I really need to hang this up"
and yet just yesterday when in
the middle of another nursing glitch
and speaking with one of my peers about it
I walk in the hall and It is like being a VIP.
I get hugs and "Hey nurse Lilly"
from every angle.
As I and my nurse friend walk down the hall
I get shown every papercut, every bruise
and I look at her as I hug one of these babies
and I say,
"This is why I do it"
I am reminded that all the politics and problems
of school nursing is all worth it
for one day of bringing comfort to a child.
For every hug that I get or give.
It is why I do what I do.
So summer break and
2010-2011 school year
here I come.
Thanks to the Big Man
for better days for baby girl,
she is feeling much better these days
and so is her momma.

4 comments:

  1. So what are you going to do for the summer besides run UTB to check on Baby Momma and Lovey the Fetus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey it's ange from at scewl computer is broken at home
    <3 ,
    ANGE'

    ReplyDelete
  3. believe it or not since we had to cancel our grand isle trip we are going to alaska for a week how is that bfob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lilly - we're missing you on SJ! Come back to us! LOL
    (Glad you're OK though)
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete