Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Summer is here and change for TES and it's school nurse

Yes, for the next 9 1/2 weeks I will be on summer vacation.
One of the best benefits of working for a public school
is the time off.
It has been one heck of a year.
It hasn't been my worst year ever except from
a medical standpoint.
The end of the year is always that cliche'
bitter sweet.
Because no matter how much we don't like it,
a school is a business.
Our business is educating and nurturing children.
Cut backs have forced TES to make many changes.
For me, personally my big change is the loss
of a certain student to my medical agenda.
I can't say a lot about this due to HIPPA laws
but I will just say that the loss of this student
has rocked my world and I have cried many tears
over the last few weeks.
Yet the student is on to bigger and better things
and I have to let the student go to live a life
that is the journey laid out.
the other thing that has gotten me yesterday at
our end of the school year crawfish boil
is the loss of so many of our teachers for next year.
I get close to the peers I see every day.
Knowing yesterday that many who were with us
that day will not be back with us the next year
was heart wrenching for me.
The luxury of being the only nurse to all
I get to move around and know everyone in our school.
Because I am loud and nosy and a people person,
I know not only their school life but I know
all of their family life.
I am a talker (oh , I'm sorry thought you didn't know) and I ask many questions.
This makes it harder when I realize that so many will
not be there next year to share our year with us.
So to all those who find themselves in different
positions or with new jobs.
For those who will be home for a while,
I will miss you.
Once again, I will rob Carol Burnett's jingle
that I sang to my student and many TES employees yesterday:
I'M SO GLAD WE HAD THIS TIME TOGETHER
JUST TO LAUGH OR SING A SONG OR TWO
SEEMS WE JUST GET STARTED
AND BEFORE YOU KNOW IT
COMES THE TIME WE HAVE TO SAY SO LONG
Love and luck to each of you.
TES will still be the best
but it won't be the same without you guys.
Oh and get ready all readers,
I have some funny blogs prepared for this summer.
Enough of this serious stuff I have been writing about.

3 comments:

  1. We could use a good laugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED A GOOD LAUGH YOU GO GIRLLOVE MONE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you singing this as though it were yesterday.... I miss you

    Becky

    ReplyDelete