Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Okay, so i was wrong or DOES THAT MAKE ME CRAZY

Okay when the babies were growing up
and I would push my authority
they would angrily tell me
"OH YOU ARE JUST SO PERFECT"
and I would remind them that what made me
perfect is that when I was wrong I could admit it.
Of course I am not perfect
(sorry to disappoint all you readers)
but I can admit when I am wrong.
So I was wrong about not needing a land line phone.
Yes, it has been quiet and peaceful
if you don't count the times HOBL talks to his dogs.
It has had lots of advantages and I am not
completely happy about having to get another phone.
I did not take into account that when my
old Mumsie calls me I wouldn't be able to teach
her the delay it takes for the phone to ring
which put me answering the cell to her trying
to dial the number again while I patiently wait
for her to be done.
I did not account for the fact that when my babies
call me I would not be able to hear them or
their calls would be dropped.
Really these are the two reasons that we are
getting a landline once again.
So yesterday morning HOBL and I have
our discussion (cough argument cough)
over whether or not we will get a land line.
Oh whatever, HOBL we are getting a land line.
So I leave not too happy but HOBL can't stand
when I am not happy so he calls me on my
way to Mumsie's place and tries to lighten the day
by offering to tear down some walls so our cell service is better.
Last night we went to eat supper with baby boy, baby momma,
lovey and the other set of grandparents.
We tell baby boy and baby momma that
we are getting a landline again and both
give a sigh of relief and BB says he is so aggravated
when he tries to call and the call gets dropped.
Of course HOBL has to add that never happens to him
because you know, he is the King of cells and
a call would not ever be dropped when he makes it.
I tell him he is lying but I am not so nice about it.
Here is the part where HOBL and I may be crazy.
I share with the kids that HOBL offered to tear some
walls down to make the service better.
Baby boy looks at his daddy as serious as a heart attack
and says,
"Dude you don't think it would be cheaper to just
get a land line?!"
He honestly believes that we are serious about
tearing down some walls.
The funny thing is that you may be crazy when
you make a statement like this to your grown child
and he really believes you would do that.
I have to tell him that it was a joke and he
looks at me with that face that tells me
"I didn't know it is Dad we are talking about"
phhhhaaahhhhaaaa that is soooo funnnyyy!!!!!
We are crazy, crazy in love huh, HOBL?

2 comments:

  1. And you seriously wonder why Baby Girl is dtb for a week? And you wonder? LT is my little acronym that my hot momma wife knows means "Looney Tune". LT is a name that fits in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BFOB, I sing the looney tunes song each time i think someone is just a lil crazy.
    totototototototototototooooo
    mmhmmhmmh lalalalaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete