Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

FIRST COMES LOVE, THEN COMES MARRIAGE...

YES, YOU GUESSED IT!
I, Lillian Therese Collins Riera,
Sibling to 6
Wife to 1
Mother to 2
school nurse to 648
Aunt lil to many...
is now going to be, to be...
A GRANDMOTHER
Grandmother or Mumsie as I want to be called.
Oh it's been hard keeping this secret!
Now I have been given permission that
I can shout it from the rooftops!
My baby boy and his beautiful wife
are pregnant.
This love is a funny thing, you know.
From the minute I heard Kd may be pregnant
I immediately began to think of everything
through the eyes of a grandmother.
I asked Kd
"How can we love something so much that we
don't even know exists yet?"
The best gift a parent can ever be given
is hearing a grown child say,
"When I have children, I want to parent my children
the same way I was raised."
I heard that at baby boy's first AA birthday
and I heard it again this morning when
reading an email from him.
To watch these two people enjoy the love of
a child will be enough.
I am soooo excited.
Pray for our children that all goes well with this pregnancy.
I think Kd was hours pregnant when she found out
so there is always that nervousness that comes
about for the first three months.
So pray that this Mumsie
will hold a new baby in my arms come January 2011!

5 comments:

  1. From the moment I found out a said prayers! Congrats Kd and Roddie! You guys will be great parents! Another cousin to love!! I cannot wait for the day another Riera comes into the world! Roddie you are right - raise that baby just like you were raised and he/she will be a great kid. My thoughts and prayers are with you all that everything goes great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! You will be a great Mumsie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. >>> CONGRADULATIONS, my Lil sista Lil. I know you have been wanting and waiting for this news. You're going to love being a Grandparent. And of course welcome to the STUPID CLUB.

    >>> And of course also CONGRADULATIONS to the new parents, Roddie and Katie. Now lets see, what would be a good date for the birth?? How about 01/11/11. That would be kool.

    >>> Later, L-U-A,
    >>>>> Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lil, Congratulations to you, Ronnie, Katie, Roddie, Jess, and Katie's parents! We are thrilled for you! We will pray for Katie and the baby. This is wonderful news!!!!!!!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the congrats!! yes prayers please, lol i need to feel like i can stand up without the fear of it falling out hahaha hopefully, i will get to that point soon!! :)
    love yall & thanks again

    kd-baby momma

    ReplyDelete