Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Some things are made to be controlled

Yes, my ladies and one of those things would be your bladder.
I am shocked that so many young women have bladder issues
and have never heard of Kegel exercises of the bladder/vagina.
So many talk to me about this and I have to introduce
them to the exercises that I learned way back when baby boy
was born.
They laugh at me sometimes, but I tell them
hey while you are laughing check your underwear it may be
damp where mines is not.
I mean come on the exercise was named after the doctor
who found there was a problem here.
Don't want atrophy of those muscles my friends.
So for all of those who have bladder control issues and
have never heard or practiced Kegel's
this is the practice.
That muscle you use to start and stop your bladder function?
That is the muscle you want to strengthen.
You can start by doing it when you are urinating
but once you know which muscle you are working
you can do it anywhere.
I gave lessons in the school cafeteria, hence it can
be done anywhere.
So I tell the young ladies with these issues,
yes and the older ones too,
tighten that muscle as if you are riding an elevator.
Imagine yourself getting in the elevator and
each time it hits a new floor tighten the muscle a little tighter
up 10 flights:
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.....
tight, tight, on the 10th floor let the door open
hold the muscle tight, look out, no one there...
down now, loosen the muscle
10,9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1....
ahhhhhh relief down relax.
Then start again.
Now they are really laughing at me...
Huh, but again, I am not the one with wet underwear...
I also tell them in quiet privacy that your hubby will thank
me for this lesson also, tightens more than just the
bladder muscles.
So now that they have had the instruction,
I remind them often,
"Don't forget your Kegels"
They again laugh but I know they are riding
the elevator everytime they see me.
One in particular screams out to me as I am
rushing to check a student,
"Nurse Lilly, my elevator is broken"
I scream back in my rush.
"Well you better fix it quickly because taking
the steps is a heck of a lot harder!"
They laugh and I am thankful that it is not
no underwear Wednesday because I just know
that underclothing will have to be changed.

3 comments:

  1. How in the world am I supposed to reply to this one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is a lot of ways you could but I can't imagine any way that wouldn't get you in trouble with your wonderful wife, so I guess not replying would be the approach to take.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY SIS GREAT EXERCISE THANKS MONE

    ReplyDelete