Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

A pixie called Ellen

BFOB soon to be called BFF after the
wonderful friend he was to me this week texted me
to ask if I could keep this little pixie of a girl
Friday night into Saturday.
I teasingly said,
"Not Ellen, anyone but Ellen?!"
For the longest time I have refused keeping this character.
Not because I love her any less but because
of the things this child has gotten herself into.
I liked admiring her from afar because being
responsible for her scared me a bit.
Those who know, love and heard the stories about her
understand all to well.
However, she is a big girl now
and one of the reasons BFOB/BFF
asked me is because Jesi had the other three,
had to go to swim meets with them today
and we all know this one needs one on one care.
I say yes to the visit.
I find myself yesterday very excited about the experience
when I go to pick her up.
I am sad for the time I missed with this one.
After yesterday I realize all this child has stored in her.
She is the funniest three year old I have ever met.
Her speech is that of a 5 or 6 year old so
she is able to verbalize so much which makes her even funnier
being only a 3 year old.
I thought I would share some Ellenisms.
So we talk in the car and I ask her,
"Do you know where your Mommy and Daddy are going?"
"Yes, on an adventure"
Later she cries,
"Please, please, take me to my Mommy, take me to my home"
(I may have forgotten to say how dramatic she is)
Can't Ellie Pie Mommy is on an adventure but it's
only for grown-ups, no children allowed.
"Oh Aunt lil then I will be an iguana"
I take her to the McDonald's playplace
she is so animated and gets so excited for
all things. There she meets 4 little girls that
she befriends quite easily.
Making friends is a strong point for pixie.
She climbs up in the tunnels and I hear her exclaim
"LADIES FIRST"
Finally the time comes to leave and we get in the car
without a fuss and as I strap her in she asks
"I have some new friends?"
Yep Ellie, new friends for you.
As we drive off she says,
"Those girls at McDonalds, those friends?
Those are my girls"
Uncle Ronnie loves Ellen.
We have to go to Lowes so he can't tell her no
when she asks to ride in the big basket that looks
like a race car. She drives down the Lowes aisles
but when we stop, she questions,
"Really, did Uncle Ronnie forget to put gas in this thing?"
This is just a few things this child has cracked us up with.
She is so animated, I just love her.
As I am telling baby girl all these funny things she is saying
BG shares one with me since she has babysat the Ellen all week.
BG was bathing her when she decided to poop in the tub.
BG asks her why did she do that.
"Wasn't me, Jesi"
BG says to her that if it is just them two in the house
who would have done that?
"I don't know, Jesi but we better catch them
before they do it again!"
She is just what I needed on a Friday afternoon.
Thanks BFOB for putting me in this position,
I really, really am loving it!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I'm
    coming next time u keep her
    she's freaking hilarious!

    Baby momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have had the WONDERFUL opportunity to take care of Ellen. And, OH, what a joy she is to care for!!! I wish I'd have written down all the funny things she comes out with.

    Tell Ellen, Taunt T say's "Hi" and that I love her!!!

    Enjoy, She is ONE character!!!

    Love ya,
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can be easily arranged. I have no problems making deliveries to plaquemine. Do you want a six year old too?

    ReplyDelete