Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

foster parenting

I have a few friends here in Thibodaux
who are full-fledged foster parents.
I admire these people who become temporary
families for those little innocent children of the world
who need help until their families can get back on tract.
Walking to the Fireman's fair on Thursday, baby girl and
I run into one of these friends.
She is extremely excited because the state has
just dropped off a 6 week old foster baby at her home
for her to love.
I am intrigued so on our way back while walking
in front of her house I tell baby girl
we are going to stop and see the new baby.
There we see my friend holding the most
beautiful baby girl in her arms.
The name given to her at birth?
Nevaeh.... Heaven backwards.
A beautiful well thought out name for a precious child.
I touch this beautiful child's fingers and wonder
how can anyone give up such a beautiful miracle.
Then I look at my friend and realize that the
very best gift you can give your child is
the honest belief that you just cannot take care
of this child right now and you need help.
It has the be the most courageous thing a
Mother can do.
As for the parents who foster these children,
how admirable to give up your freedom,
your nights of sleep to help another parent
who just can't do it right now.
I honor all who go the extra mile for
the children of the world, children who they
do not even know until the state brings them to
your doorstep.
The one thing the Neveah baby will have
is unconditional love as she grows in
a healthy family.
Kudos to all who foster parent!

3 comments:

  1. I too have a very good friend that her and her significant other are foster parents. They now are the proud parents of 4 children. They 2 sets of brother and sisters with the youngest being a down syndrome baby that is 2 years old. I admire them so much, and just like you said these children get unconditional love from these parents. I always said, when working in the school system, I wish I had a house big enough that I could show all those childern what it is like to be loved! Great post Aunt Lil!! Give some huggs and kisses to Nevaeh, because she deserves it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foster parents are close to my heart being I have a foster nephew and niece.
    Nevaeh! What a beautiful name given to a precious gift from GOD!
    I SO would love to welcome foster children into my already crowded home! Maybe one day!:)

    ReplyDelete