Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Oprah's no text challenge

Everyone who knows me well knows that
I love Oprah.
Yes, sometimes she gets me angry like
when I sent her a heartfelt email and she
didn't even comment or get in touch with
me or anything.
Just like any friendship, I still love her.
Heck, I often say if Oprah knew me we would
be best friends and Gail would be history.
On the serious side,
Oprah had a show in December on
the tragedies of texting and driving.
Her guests were either people who lost loved ones
in car accidents because of texting
or others who caused the death of someone else
because of their own texting.
Oprah has a big campaign going called
NO PHONE ZONE
that many are signing.
I do not know if I could be brave enough to sign
that campaign because I don't know if I could
keep the challenge of no cell phone in the car at all.
However I have taken the
No text challenge.
I now will not text while driving as I did before
watching Oprah's show and seeing
the tragedies that texting caused.
I also now will only speak on the phone by
answering and putting the person on
speaker which accounts for hands free talking.
It is not a safe thing to do,
that texting and driving.
Google Oprah's challenge,
see the people's stories and you may
also become part of
Oprah's no text challenge.
Oh and don't worry BFOB,
Oprah never did answer me so you and I....
Well, lets just say, we are still tight.

1 comment:

  1. Lil, you sent me the e-mail by mistake. It never went to Oprah. That's why we're BFOB's! I still cry when I think of that e-mail. I'm sorry should I have forwarded it? And the real reason for not texting while driving came from the coalition of grammar teachers. The syntax on text's while driving is 100 times worse than normal which studies prove.

    ReplyDelete