Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Katie revisited


No, not my daughter in law, that would be KD
I have spoken before of the young woman,
Katie who lives in Africa at the age of 21
who has adopted 13 children and plans
on living her life out there.
This would be enough, you know.
Moving to Africa, leaving the life as you know it
to adopt and raise 13 little girls just to give
them a chance.
However not for this Katie.
She also preaches the word of God,
she helps sick people until they are well,
and now, now amazing Katie
travels to where the outcasts live.
Why does she do this?
Because she is teaching the women there how to
do something besides sell their bodies
and brew alcohol to feed their many children.
Katie travels there to teach these women
how to make paper beads out of donated magazines
to put together into beautiful necklaces.
Yes, I purchased one.
After reading Katie's last blog how could I not?
I am not the type to sucker into buying things
to help others because I am usually very pessimistic
when it comes to just where the money gets to.
However, in Katie I trust.
I trust that this 18 dollars will get to these people
that Katie teaches to help themselves.
I dream that just one night they can stay in
with their many children instead of venturing
out in the towns of Africa to sell their bodies
for food. I dream that in teaching these mothers,
their children will also learn a trade beside
those that are illegal here in the US of A.
So how can you help, well go and read
Katie's last post.
www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com
and see the beautiful necklaces that are for sale.
Buy one, heck a trip to McDonald's drive-up
costs more than 18 dollars.
Continue to follow this amazing young woman
as she tells her stories of faith and following
your calling. As I awaken early today to carry
out my own calling I wish all of you
a happy Monday.

3 comments:

  1. OK Aunt Lil, I did just like you. Yes, I purchased a necklace and will wear it proudly. This young girl is living out her life's journey that God has handed to her. She is truely a very faithful and loving Christian! I encourage all of you to go and read the wonderful works of this young woman. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and all the orphans she gives love and food too!! TOUCH THOSE LIVES - KATIE!! GOD WILL REWARD YOU 10 FOLD IN HEAVEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be worth the price to pay to send Tie to Uganda as a missionary. She would take good care of those children and would be a light of hope for those people. As I said it would be worth the price BUT only if Gil Jr goes too! Talk about one helluva blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read her blog. Thank you for sharing this with us! Love ya Lil!

    ReplyDelete