Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

the attraction to auntie Lil's house

I am not sure what drives these kids to love
coming to their auntie Lil's house.
It isn't like we have anything fun to do,
it isn't like I have the newest games
and they are not allowed, while visiting to play
on computers at auntie Lil's
because that takes away from my time with them.
So last week when three of the Plaisance kids
came to stay a few hours with Auntie Lil
I decided to capture the visit.
What was the fun, was it the brownies I made them?
Nope, I was critiqued about the nuts I put in them.
Was it the Pizza, nope it wasn't the kind they liked,
except for Lucy she is a trooper...
oh and Ellie likes the crust so that was all good.
We worked on pyramids:

and posed for the final product.
We watched some Sponge Bob...
Well all of them actually that were on Demand
because this little pixie loves her sponge bob...
We played "lead the blind" with my snuggie...
yes, she led him right into the grandfather clock.
We demanded more sponge bob and ate lots of Pizza Crust.
We practiced Lady GaGa and Lu had my attention
as she showed me all her cheering moves...
We practiced our winking as Lu practiced taking pictures...
We posed like models...
.... and their favorite game ever at Auntie Lil's house,
we played "don't move" many, many times.
The game my own father played with his own children
and grandchildren. It consists of lightly touching their
faces with my fingers while saying "don't move, don't move"
over and over until my fingers find their way into
their ears.....
If they move they loose...
They loooovvvveeee this game and are
so competitive that they make me keep scores.
As their parents pack them up to head back to
Golden Meadow I already miss them
and realize maybe what they love the most
about Auntie Lil's house is that no matter
what they do, they have my full attention
a viewing audience that loves them tremendously.
I hope whatever home I ever live in
they have fond memories of days gone by
spent doing nothing important and everything fun.

2 comments:

  1. The "littlest things" are the greatest!!! It is not games, toys, or gadgets they want, it's just us. You are great at giving of yourself. Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The true anon says it this way .... "we had no where else to put them"

    ReplyDelete