Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Woman of God Conference

I had been approached a few months ago
about speaking at a Woman of God conference.
Yesterday again, I received a return call
taking me up on the offer I made months ago.
Everyone knows how I suffer from diarrhea of the mouth
and I often tease on how if you give me a
microphone and an audience, I am there.
Honestly, I have not done a motivational speech
or a faith-based talk in some time.
I am energized by this offer.
It will be the first I do since my back surgery.
This one will be a challenge for me.
Unlike ones I have done in the past
that were for teenagers or Alanon groups,
this one will be based on my Faith.
There are guidelines I was given by the
Coordinator of the Woman of God conferences.
I am excited, I am preparing, I am going to do it.
This is something I have always enjoyed
and because this one comes with guidelines
and a time limit I am motivated in a way I have
not been in a while.
I also now have the desire to get more involved in this
organization that I have heard of but really haven't
participated in or know much about.
So as I prepare for my testimony on March 29th
I feel an old feeling that I haven't felt in some time,
excitement of giving back to others, paying it forward
for all the miracles that I have been blessed with.

4 comments:

  1. What time and where? I will be there for your moral support! I have gone to a couple of these conferenches and they really are great! The last one I went to was Sarah Pierce who spoke, and boy she was great. She not only gave her testimony but refered to scripture during it and was AWESOME. I know you will do great just let the Holy Spirit guide you and you will also do an AWESOME job! This is definately your calling ad as u share with others you will learn more. Good luck on your preparation and let the Holy Spirit guide you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be on March 29th a Thursday in Lockport, the KC home.

    ReplyDelete