Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Wisdom


This morning I sit here with Trixie in my lap
and Wisdom is on my mind.
"TO BE UNDERSTOOD AS TO UNDERSTAND"
Would it not be the most perfect world,
full of perfect relationships if we all had
the understanding of all and were understood
without having to explain.
I imagine that is part of what heaven is.
Finally having the answers and understanding all the
questions of the human world.
Age is the best teacher of wisdom.
That is, if you listen and learn from the world and others.
If you refuse to grow up and see things through different
eyes then I think you stay stuck.
I don't want to be stuck.
The older I get the more patience I seem to have.
I am imperfect, though.
I still gossip, talk negatively about others,
on the other hand, I am sometimes the one
who will defend the worst, have the back of
someone who needs it.
In my years I have began to look at all angles
of a situation, I try and place myself in the shoes of
others before I make a decision to disagree
with the way some people think or live.
I do know this.
I am a better person at 47 than I was at 25.
I am a more caring individual than I was at 21.
I sometimes go out on a limb, against the grain
to defend some from gossip when I can see
a situation different from most.
So today, I focus on wisdom.
I ask God today for a wise heart...
well, and more years to get it right...
In my imperfection I doubt heaven is ready for me yet.
;^)

2 comments:

  1. what's with the boat?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my take on wisdom... took this on grand isle a few years ago... love it!!!

    ReplyDelete