Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

a new chapter

A new chapter for baby girl.
Yesterday she held in her hand the keys to her apartment
in downtown Thibodaux.
Yes, BG has decided with the support of her parents
that it is time to leave the nest of the Riera's and
make her way to independence.
I thought this day would never come and it has
come too soon. I am so excited for her.
The apartment was a mess, really dirty
so yesterday afternoon we began to clean
and soon it was sure to everyone that this
little apartment has class.
Housed in an old two story home,
the outside leaves little to be desired
the inside, a little diamond in the rough
just like my baby girl.
She is so excited and I for her.
I know this about BG.
She may be slow to make her decisions, even indecisive
often, but once her firm decision is made,
she will not fall back.
My little baby girl will move from her
childhood life into the adult world and will not return.
Never to live again with her parents unless something
disastrous happens. I am happy,
happy for her, happy for me but I know I can't
fool any of you out there.
I may have, lately been looking forward to this day
for the last few months but part of me
still sees her like the little girl with messy hair
who lived in a furry lion king suit most days.
The little girl who had a whole live frog village
going on behind our bathroom cabinet doors.
The little girl who played football as good as the boys
but could be found most days in the bathtub
filled with barbie dolls.
Maternal love is like that, you never see your babies
as fully grown. When you look into their mature faces,
it is still the little children you see.
I love you baby girl and am so happy and proud of you.

8 comments:

  1. "Yes, BG has decided with the support of her parents" ....................

    Eagles "support" their young in flight pretty much the same way. They nudge them off the cliff......... HA HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, HOBL but sometime ya gotta do what ya gotta do... I was trying to put it nicely. For some children it is only in throwing them out of the nest that they learn to fly....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy for her, and will miss her, but I won't miss chewing her butt to clean up, she is the typical kid that won't clean her room, but know that she is having her own appartment I bet things will be clean. She has been a great kid but it is time to get out the nest, every kid needs to be independent and not be stuck up there parents ass, so Jesi i'm proud of you and know you will not be a mouch in society and will suceed, and remember that the times we stayed on your ass to be responsible will payoff down the road even though some would disagree the way we raised you and your brother, but I can care less, because I know that when you are older you will be a survivor and independent, Love you

    Your Bitching Father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thrown out the nest at a very early age, and thank god that I was because I never had to go to my parents and mouch money and never did I need to bum off of anybody, the only money I ever was offered was from Lillys moma when we married, I needed 3000.00 dollars and she offered, I didn't ask and she was paid in 3 months, we also paid our wedding, so getting thrown out the nest and not titty feeding a kid till into adulthood is what I beleive should be done, thank god I was not a spoiled and thrown into life at a young age, I'm a survivor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love nonc Ron too... .that cranky SOB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Proud of you Jes! I know this is a good move for you. Can't wait to see your little apartment. You know presents come with an apartment warming party! Just saying! Love you, Jes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Lily. Love this post. Definately a homesick and actually a "youngsick" kinda day for me. Perfect day to read this. I'm sure she will miss you guys more than she will lead on. I know I miss my parents so much. And, I too, miss being a kid. Hope that all goes well for Jessie. She's a great gal. Love!

    ReplyDelete