Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

stronger than i thought

I came across this beautiful piece of artwork this morning
while checking the many blogs I read.
This, posted by a Mother of two young girls
who is fighting metastatic breast cancer.
BB asks me often, "Mom why do all your friends
have some kind of illness?"
Many times I do not have an answer.
This morning I realize the reason is that God
puts me in these friends lives because
he knows in their future they will possibly
need a friend like me. The kind who is
all over their space ready to give to them
and their families whether they want it or not.
I do believe I have some subconscious, selfish motives in
these friendships because it is only in giving back
to others that I truly see how fortunate I have
and continue to be.
I mean it puts life into perspective for me.
Like, really, do I have a right to complain about
my back issues when my sister suffers in
unimaginable pain as she tries to come back
from an infection in both knees?
Do I have a right to complain when Dev.
fights for her life with bone cancer and the
loss of her own child.
Do I have a right to complain when
Gina B. died not being able to scratch her
own nose but never lost the smile to her face?
Do I have a right to complain when P.
deals with the news of cancer and the
mental games that comes with that diagnosis?
My answer is, Yes sometimes it is okay to complain
as long as I pick up the pieces after my tantrum
and realize that I am more than that.
I am stronger than I thought I was.
I read my Mission statement and realize
that my purpose in this world, my
purpose for God sparing my life
is not to sit in self-pity and waste my life.
It is to give back more than I get.
I am back on tract.
Visited my school yesterday, saw many of my friends,
visited my "special class"
danced with my C.S. as we did many days while working
and remembered why I love that job.
My mind is set on a goal, I choose not to loose it again.
SHE WAS STRONGER THAN SHE THOUGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment