Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

bed wars


It is a fact that HOBL and I struggle with our
sleep habits.
I often say that growing up I had my own room
then I got married and had to share and that
was just not right.
When the babies were young it was important
that we share a bedroom, for whatever
that taught them about being a married couple.
I am not going to lie, I longed for the day
I could sleep in my bed by myself all the time.
Part of this is the fault of having a marriage
that your love works away for extended periods of time.
Anyhoo, now HOBL and I cannot agree on sleep patterns.
Many nights he suffers from insomnia and lands up
sleeping on the sofa with all the pups.
Some nights we make an attempt to sleep in the
same bed all night.
Last night was one of those nights.
We lay down, he with the remote and his three pups
and me with my ereader.
All is quiet until his Ambien kicks in...
has to eat, which means he is getting up at least three
times for snacks. No biggie, right?
But everytime he gets up, the pups are up and moving
and barking and jumping out the bed.... UGh!!!
Then there is the blanket war.
I like my blankies all neat with no wrinkles and smoothly
over my whole body, HOBL has to mess all of them
up and kick his feet out of the bottom
then he has to add a fleece blanket over his body....
UGH times two!
OH then its lights out because he falls asleep with
the remote in his hands flipping channels.
He isn't sleeping he is "resting"
Oh whatever....
Okay so tv is off, lights are off...
the light snoring begins and then begins the bed wars.
I cannot take the snoring and he can't stand to "hear me breathe"
I swear... I cannot breathe...
All my thoughts on these nights are revolved around who will
make it the whole night in the bed and who will bale first.
He hits me in the head with his elbow.
I wake him up to make him turn on his side.
I put the dogs between his legs
he pulls my neat covers.
Last night is really bad because I am already having a not
so good night. Up at every hour to try and get comfortable
and shake the bed or shake the HOBL all in the hopes that
he will bale first.
At 2 am I am ready to call myself the biggest looser.
I am about to grab my pillow and go in the guest room
when by some miracle, HOBL wakes up from a dead sleep,
grabs his pillow and puppies and heads to the sofa.
I am breathing to loud.
Ahhhhh, finally I can sleep.
I won the bed war last night but the more I keep
thinking about it Lucy and Desi Arnez
had something going when they had
twin beds in their bedroom.

1 comment:

  1. For some strange reason, your blogs have me relating them to a song ....... maybe a little Beyonce?? "It could be a sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare .......... " Now, bed wars are nothing new to our house. We play all kinds of games ... such as LET'S MAKE A DEAL -- "Dad, if I don't get my stick moved and get all S's can I sleep on the sofa and watch TV all night" or maybe a game of MUSICAL BEDS ... "I want to sleep with Mom ... I want to sleep in the top bunk ... I've got the floor ... I'm with BJ" or one of my all time favorites --- TURTLES!!!! Beds at our house are a premium. In the old days it was a little Marvin Gaye and some toe mingling .. 16 years and 4 kids later, it's move over Dad, it's Kid's Choice Awards tonight. A good night sleep nowadays consists of a sitter and a hotel (and Marvin).

    ReplyDelete