Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

which parent does she resemble?

Baby boy sees much humor in the fact that since Jilly-bean
came into our world that women, especially those who are
closest to her believe they have to find the parent she looks
more like. He thinks it is comical that every comment from
the estrogen of the families are:
"She looks like kd"
"She looks like Roddie"
"There is some of Kd and Roddie in her"
He often wonders why can't she just look like her?
Why does she have to look like somebody?
Yet yesterday, while I got to study her all day I
realize that she really does just look like her
but she also sometimes looks like KD and there are those times
that she will do something or make a certain face and
she so reminds me of BB when he was a baby.
So now for the blog world to see the facts:
Jilly-Bean one month and one day old...
KD as a young-in, not sure how old but less than 2 months.
Kd again, I think it is quite funny that Kd and BB have the same
picture of them in their swings...
BB at two months old
BB on his baptism day.
For me I stick to my story.
She looks like both of them or as BB says, she looks
like herself.
Either way, she is the most precious, beautiful baby to me.
We did some good bonding yesterday.
Jilly-bean is beginning to smile and coo.
When she smiles she squints her cute little eyes and I want to
just squeeze her. She has one dimple on her left side
like her Nonky, Frankie, Kd's brother.
Coming home yesterday evening I reflected on my
time spent with her, of what a great job her Mommy is doing
with her. How lucky we all are.
BG spent the morning with us and that was an added bonus.
To see BG with Jilly-bean shows that soft side of BG
that is not always seen. She so loves her godchild.
Can't wait until Sunday when Jilly-bean makes her first trip
to her Mumsie and Gramps house.

1 comment: