Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

what do you call it?

Today I am heading to Plaquemine...
Yes for the whole entire day of baby love.
My first time to keep Jilly-bean all alone as her
Mommy goes and get her "hair did"
So, I have been thinking about what do you call this?
What should I call it when I get to keep the little
love of my life so her parents can do those things
that babies don't like?
I can't call it babysitting.
From my experiences, babysitting is something
that sounds like a chore, something you do
that has monetary value.
I will never call my time alone with Jilly-bean
babysitting for I am the fortunate one.
Looking forward to each time her parents ask
me for assistance with this precious girl.
I may call it Mumsie watching...
or maybe something even more special than that
but will never call it babysitting.
Baby sitting is something I used to do in the summer
for sister Veronica... now that was a chore... lol
just kidding, some of my best memories were from
those summers where the hardest thing was to
try and get Tiffy to keep her clothes on...
inside joke, hoping it will spark a laugh in her.
Loving the day that this will be!

3 comments:

  1. Two options .... "Jill-in" or "Jill-axin"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoyed babysitting a baby. I got to sit on a comfortable rocker or sofa and rock those babies. I loved the smell of those babies. I loved to lay with them at nap time. I loved to kiss them over and over again. But the one thing I loved the most was just spending time with those precious children and watching the grow-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bfob... I like Jill-axing... that may be it... still investigating the options...

    ReplyDelete