Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

I DID IT!

I fought it and stomped about it and insisted
that I was not going to give in.
Then a funny thing happened.
I became a Mumsie and jealous of all those
with iphones who get pictures of my Jilly-bean and
I was left out.
I had talked about it for a while, my Sprint contract
is up in September so I was going to wait until then.
Yet, yesterday I just couldn't resist.
I gave in to the technology monster
and bought an Iphone.
Now I feel like
an old lady trying to learn how
to use a washing machine in the 40's.
This contraption is intimating me so now
I carry the old texting phone with the new phone
just in case I can't figure out how to do something
and "NEED" to get in touch with someone.
I can't used to the fact that there in the palm of my
hand is mostly everything I can do on my computer.
Overwhelming for a woman like me in her late 40's.
Baby girl said she will come and give me tutorials and
promised that she won't loose her patience with me.
Was wondering last night why I made this big step,
even almost wishing I hadn't and then a message
from Cathy, Kd's mom with pictures of Jilly-bean attached
and right away was so glad I took the plunge.
I have a new number... if you have text, I have texted it to you.
If you don't text (get with the times)
I will email it to you.
Have a great Sunday, it will be another beauty!!!

2 comments:

  1. If it was up to me there would be no such things as cell phones and texting, Glad I got rid of mines doing fine without a cell phone.you can't go no where without the constant aggravating pecking of keys while texting and the goddamm beeping, also when trying to talk to someone and the persons cut you out to answer the stupid texts, how rude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh behave because the minute my text beep goes off you say,
    "We got a hit, who is it what did they say?"
    You just know you can't see well enough to do it and so you are upset.
    It's okay, Gramps, I will continue to read to you the texts and fill you in on all life has to offer as you play with your pups.... Love ya HOBL even with all your imperfections...

    ReplyDelete