Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

WOG conference

What an inspirational night it was to
be at the Woman of God conference last night.
My sisters aside from Mone who remains in the hospital,
and my Tedi-girl and Rebecca were all there to give
family support and for some of them,
it is the first time they actually hear the story
of the Riera life and how I, because of God,
understood how very fortunate I have been.
So many of my old friends were there,
Laurie and Lindsey,
Camille and lea,
Lena and Roxy,
Rachel and Antoinette,
and so many other people from my past.
Sad part is so many came to me after to share that
they too were living some of the hell that comes with
drug addiction in a family.
Wish this disease could be wiped right off the face of the Earth.
Yet, it lives on and it will take people with big mouths
such as me to spread the word of hope and help for
those families that are suffering.
I Love speaking in front of audiences but I mostly
love that hopefully my testimony has helped someone else
to find peace and serenity because what was it all for
if not to share with others?
We have been the fortunate ones to have beat
the dreaded disease in our immediate family two times.
We are blessed and as I promised God many years ago,
I will tell this story every time asked,
shout it from the rooftops in thanksgiving for
what He, the ultimate Big Man has given us.
Having peace and serenity are two of the the things
I prize the most, two things that money cannot buy
that are priceless to those who are blessed enough
to find them.
I don't know why I have been so blessed,
why the tragedies in my life has always turned into miracles
but I will never take them for granted and if
this "diarrhea of the mouth" issue is how
I show my thanks then so be it.
So glad that I know my God and He understands me,
and I will end with my favorite quote again because
every time I say it, I believe in it that much more:
I WOULD RATHER LIVE MY WHOLE LIFE AS IF
THERE IS A GOD AND DIE TO FIND OUT THERE ISN'T,
THAN TO LIVE MY LIFE AS IF THERE ISN'T
AND DIE TO FIND OUT THERE IS."
albert camus



No comments:

Post a Comment