Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

soul surfer

Saw the movie, Soul surfer yesterday with my BESTIE,
Laurie and her girls, Lindsey and Jess.
It is the true story of the young professional surfer
who lost her arm to a shark attack back in 2003.
I remember the story in the headlines but
the movie portrays the strong willingness of
a young girl to make a come back not only to
the sport she loved but to life.
Where do people get the courage to get through
something like this?
The movie was such a portrayal of a strong
family unit and what love can do for a young girl.
I cried, yes I know that doesn't surprise you but the
"bestie" OMG!!!
When we got up to leave I wanted to pick up my
trash and surrounding the Bestie's chair were like
15 soiled paper towels saturated with her tears.
I was like,
"Girl how much crying did you do?"
She began when the movie began and dried her last
tear as we walked out and laughed about how much
she cried.
I do think she may need an IV transfusion as
she has to be dehydrated after all that crying.
All kidding aside, see the movie and take your children.
Children need to see what perseverance can do for the soul.

1 comment: