Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

a thought to ponder

" YOU'LL KNOW SOMETHING BECOMES
MEANINGFUL WHEN IT GOES FROM YOUR HEAD
TO YOUR HEART TO YOUR HANDS"
Being out of work for months due to medical issues
I am having to find another way to show me that
there is more to me than my occupation.
I always knew it but now I am having to rely on it
to find the new meaning for my life.
I go from days when I stress about the fact that
nursing has been a part of my since I was 18
and saying goodbye to that if I have to will be so hard
to the days that I realize I am so much more than just a job,
a paycheck. This week has been a good one to remind me
of that. Having Malaina and her mom, Cindy here
for a few days has been good for me as well as lots of
other things I have and will do this week.
Helping Cindy with M has made me so thankful to have
so many children in my life. To rock her when she did not
feel well, to get the smell of her little girl hair an extra blessing.
To be able to get her mind off of her healing by showing her
scrapbook techniques and learning more about her life
as we did this, an added bonus.
To have had 4 of my great niece and nephews earlier in the
week, to just play with them, old- fashioned play
reminded me that I am important in their lives.
I have things to offer them that no one else can add
but me. Playing with them but also adding my
views on the simple things of life is important.
Then yesterday right after I could have cried when
Malaina and Cindy left, Jesi's friend Meagan came to play.
We created some Easter gifts for those she loves
making the above quote such a true statement.
Meg and I enjoy each others company, we have a lot in common.
She reminds me of a younger version of myself,
a lot like I was at her age of 20.
Today, today I head to Plaquemine for a fishing trip
with my Baby boy.
From my head, to my heart and out through my hands.
A good reflection on what my life has become without
the school nursing to show me daily that I make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment