Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Bossypants??!! REALLY!

I was able to watch all 4 Plaisance children on Wednesday.
that doesn't happen often that I can have all 4 at once.
It was only for a few hours but I absorbed the time.
Owen and I, the bond we have is a special one.
He loves me, he loves me when he can get his way.
One thing you have to know about this third child.
He loves to play but hates, I mean hates to loose.
I can usually talk him through his melt-downs
but for whatever reason on this day after being coaxed
through a game of Father may I and red light/green light
he was tired of being corrected about the rules that I
wouldn't let him change.
When Baby Girl got here we decided to settle inside
for the game of spoons.
Owen was all excited to play.
I calmly explained to him that I would have no melt downs
if he wasn't doing well in the game.
I went on to do all my auntie lil things to explain to
him all about what a good sport means and that the game
was to be fun and we are all winners because we were
going to have fun.
He shook his cute little head with that big cheesy grin
that misses his first front two teeth right now.
He seemed to understand and was ready to show me he
could do this.
All was fine as myself, BG, Hughbee, Lucy and Owen
played spoons. Was fine that is until O and BG both grabbed
a spoon at the same time and his little grip was no match
for baby girl and he had to let go.
"Not fair, Jesi hit me, I don't have an s, I am not playing
this stupid game"
Aunt lil stepped in to say that he would not be able to play
because he had been warned about being a good sport and
he had broken the rules.
"I never even played, I didn't loose because I never played.
I don't want to play with Jesi she cheats"
He stomps away from the table to lay on the sofa to
play the gameboy where, if he wanted, he could always win.
We continued on with our game laughing and having a good time.
After about 20 minutes Owen pops from the sofa to announce
happily: "Okay, I am ready to play, ready to be a good sport,
redeal and start all over"
"Oh no" I explained to my 7 year old love "Sorry but you can't
play today. Next time you come to my house you will get another
chance but today you have forfeited you chance to play"
He didn't fuss or sulk he just laid back down on the sofa
to settle for Spongebob with Ellie-Pie.
Not long after, their parents came to retrieve them.
We discussed the incident and that was that.
I am not sure what transpired in the car ride home
but evidently his siblings squealed on him.
I understand he was not a happy camper on the trip
back to Golden Meadow which can be long if
you are the "odd guy out".
That night when being tucked in, his mother
being the wonderful momma that she is, decided to
give him a voice, the benefit of the doubt and let him
tell his 7 year old side of the story.
"What happened at Aunt Lil's house"
I imagine her asking her sweet little boy in his
PJ's tucked into his little child bed.
No one can explain a predicament better than Owen.
"Well everything was going fine, we were all having fun
until Aunt Lil decided to turn into Ms. bossypants"
HAHAHHAHAHAHHHAAHAHAHH
His mother said she had trouble keeping a straight face.
So just add that name to my list of things to call me"
Lil, auntie lil, nannie, Mumsie and now
MS. BOSSYPANTS

1 comment:

  1. Life is tough ... especially when you have no front teeth and the days of getting your way are long gone ... Ellen Ann better keep her guard up

    ReplyDelete