Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Death of a child

Death, ugh.... such a weird thing
when you really start thinking deeply about
the afterworld.
Yesterday a young man, who I have not seen in
many, many years died in a car accident.
Baby girl and his sister were friends when
we first moved to Thibodaux back in 2003.
Their friendship was not long-lived but
for that short time, her family was close and important
to us. This morning, I think about his mother
and how in the heck do you get past that?
I know people do, I have seen other parents loose children
and although, their lives are lived with an empty space in
their heart, they are never the same again,
somehow they find a way to continue on.
I mean what other choices do you have?
The death of one of my children, or a child in my
big family would throw me badly.
Last night baby girl and I are texting about this
and she tells me she is sad about it.
Of course she is, for a short time he was a pesky
little brother of a friend of hers.
I find myself not really knowing what to say to comfort her.
I tell her that I too am saddened about it.
I tell her I am going to say some prayers for all of them.
She is not too sure how she feels about prayers and
all of her feelings about the afterlife but I offer
a suggestion to her.
"I know you struggle with your beliefs in prayer but
offer a few up for them....
just in case it does give them some type of peace.
I love you baby guh"
I do believe this, parents who do not believe in God and prayer
must struggle getting over a death of their child much
more than those who know OUR FATHER will take care of
their child.
I also believe this,
God does not believe in atheism, therefore it does not exist.

2 comments:

  1. No words could have been truer...don't know how I could have gotten thru the loss of my son without my faith in God! Thanks for your blog today

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY SIS MOM WHENT THROUGH THE DEATH OF OIR BROTHER LARRY, I'M THINKING IS IT EASER AS YOU GET OLDER TO LOSE A CHILD, WE BOTH KNOW HOW MOM SUFFERED AFTER LARRY DIED, HOW MANY TIMES DID SHE SAY NO PARENT SHULD BURY A CHILD, GOD TAKES CARE OF HIS PEOPLE, NO WE CAN'TUNDERSTABD HIS WORK BUT THAT IS NOT OUR JOB YO UNDERSTAND GOD'S
    BUSINESS, GIVE TO THE WORLD WHAT IS THRIRS AND TO GOD WHAT IS GOD'S IN OTHER WORDS LET GOD DO HIS JOB, I WOULD NOT WANT THAT JOB, DO YOU?

    ReplyDelete