Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Transplant day.


Sweet Anna the 10 year old trooper
who I have blogged about a few times
over the last week, is having her bone
marrow transplant today.
She is very ill today from the irradiation
and chemotherapy that is needed to get ready
for the precious marrow of a perfect stranger.
Kuddos to the stranger who matched this child.
Kuddos to all the people who joined the marrow
bank so as to see if they were a match for Anna.
I wanted to join the bank but because I had cancer
in the past, I was not able to join the ranks.
Seems silly to me, but I guess they can't take any chances
when going through such a detailed process.
Today will be the first day of the rest of Anna's life.
Yet her road will be long, her road will be painful.
In the end, she will be a survivor and live to tell her
story, to make a difference in the world.
I will wear my BANANAS FOR ANNA
bracelet today and every day until
Anna is home with her family where every
10 year old child belongs.

1 comment:

  1. GOD GIVE LITTLE ANNA AND HER FAMILY WHAT THEY NEED TO CLIMB THIS MOUNTAIN, LOVE LIL'S SISTER SIMONE

    ReplyDelete