Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

a gathering of family

Could not wait until tomorrow to talk about the gathering of
Collins family that we had today.
Aunt Jeanie and Uncle Roy were gracious enough
to let us meet in their home.
It was four months today since my Aunt Nan TaTa passed,
the best Nannie in the world.
Our loss of her made us realize we need to spend more
time with those we love, not just those close to us,
but the extended families we rarely see.
I have said it before, Facebook is good for lots,
I know if it were not for finding and keeping in touch with
so many cousins and friends these types of gatherings would not happen.
Thanks to cousin Faye who was the one who really pushed us
to all meet following mass for Nannie.
HOBL and I were so excited to be able to bring Bean.
 Bean loves her baby dolls, loves feeding them, placing pacifiers in their mouths.
So, imagine her delight today, when my cousin Jada and her partners'
new born was there and they allowed her to feed little Jexi.
Look her little face, so impressed. She will be a good big sister one day.
 There were arts and crafts and cousins of afar who she may never meet
again but on this day, they were the best of pals.
She loves all involved with pens, pencils, stickers, all of it,
and kids, she loves kids. The feeling was mutual today.
There were not many kids but the ones who were there
wanted to play with her.
She was the best little girl ever today.
Shoot, she is the best little girl every day.
I am so proud to watch her around others.
To beam with pride, to say, that is my grandaughter.
The daughter of my son and his wonderful wife.
The light of our world.
 Aunt Mae Mae and HOBL, yeah, they hit if off reminiscing of old times.
She wanted to take him home but then again, she also wanted Bean, so....
 I don't know what the count was but it didn't really matter as we
all had plenty time to visit and catch up on old times.
Being in this house of the Eserman's also brings back so many memories.
 ...and that little Tedi-girl below, posing with her Uncle Ronnie?
Well, that girl is one of a kind.
She knew today was not only a mass for my Nannie who was
a nurse for many years, and a mass for nurses so she took it upon
herself to schedule to read the mass as a surprise to the family.
This is one of many things this girl does that leaves me in awe.
A God Loving teenager, those are hard to find.
She calls me Nannie and for that I am also proud.
 Below are the sisters/aunts and my mommy who is sis-in-law.
Then, of course, there is our very own Uncle Roy.
Still in love with that Aunt Jeanie after 50 something years.
 It was a wonderful day, tiring but well worth the trip.
Bean, she was awesome and just fell in love with 
cousin Aiden.
It is days like today that remind me of what life is really about.
Days like today that let me know just how lucky our family really is.
There was a time when we were trying to get a picture of most there.
My brother, Peter, we likes home so I was so happy to see he and
wifey, Cheryl there.
I looked in the front of the row and there was my brother
with my cousin Buddy sitting on his lap.
I know these two boys played and grew up together.
I notice brother has his arm around his cousin's shoulder and I am touched.
Touched because grown men, I know were feeling the love
and passing memories via touch on this here day.
and that, my dear people and friends, is what life is all about!

1 comment:

  1. Such an awesome day!!! I WILL MAKE SURE I'M OFF FOR THE NEXT ONE ALSO!!! God, I love playing with Bean!!! She is such a delight and beautiful!!! Love you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete