Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Surprise, Surprise!!!

Yep, that is what it was, a surprise.
It is no secret to my blog followers that I lost 
my wedding ring in the move and how upset I was about it.
It is also no secret that HOBL did not think it was a big deal.
However, maybe it did mean something to him also.
Or maybe he finally realized that on that married finger,
I had not been wearing anything, 
not even the cheap lil bands I had sitting around.
I just stopped wearing anything.
Now, HOBL not only is he not the romantic type
but he also doesn't like lots of attention on those things he does
that are special.
We have had a rough few months, he and I.
Yesterday, the buying of this ring is a new start.
Putting recent and past hurts aside to start anew.
A ring is the symbol of that start, that love we have.
On instagram the other day I posted a picture
of he and Bean walking the dogs, Bean holding his hand.
It is in these small gestures that I love him the most.
Those small things that I don't get to see often from HOBL
that makes me remember what is the important parts in a marriage.
So, yesterday when he came home with this beautiful ring,
it was one of those times.
"Gagoo, I got a new ring for you"
When I asked why he only said,
"I knew you wanted one so I thought I would get you one"
Picked out by himself and two old ladies is how he decided 
what to get. 
That is it, that's all the attention he would allow on the subject.
It is not the size of the diamonds or the type of ring it is.
It is just the fact of what it symbolizes for us,
something I did not have since moving here, a reminder that I see every day.
A circle of unity, never ending, just like the marriage
vows we took many moons ago.
Thank you to HOBL, it means more to me than you may ever know.
I will wear it proudly knowing that it, like our marriage
is unique, far from perfect, but everlasting.

2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! In all ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. L KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO LOSE YOUR RING. I LOST BOTH MY AND JOE'S RING AND THAT IS EHY I DON'T PUT TOO MUCH VALUE ON THINGS. LOSING THE RINGS WAS NOT AS BAD AS LOSING JOE LOVE MONE

    ReplyDelete