Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Thoughts of comfort, reincarnation.

Tonight I was asked by our Kaylee to speak to her 
Nicholls class of counselors.
The topic was surviving childhood cancer.
On the way home, the talk had me remembering being young again
and just like a wondering mind does,
I began to remember cold nights, getting back from church
in the dark and putting on my granny pjs' and 
spreading a blanket on the living room floor between my 
momma and daddy's chairs and watching TV.
Oh, the comfort you get from being raised in a home
that you felt protected.
Next thing I knew my mind was wandering on to reincarnation.
Probably partly because of the Stephen King book I am reading
where he goes back into the 60's and things are just as they were
back then. Sometimes I hope reincarnation is possible.
That when we die we go to heaven, God lets us see our book of life
then says,
"Now go back and do it again, but do it better"
Oh how I would love to relive my same life over maybe 
just fine tuning things.
I would love to be a little child of Freddie and Minta again.
It's a weird thing to think I would want to live the same life.
Wish I could just remember it all each time.
To be the little girl that laid on the front seat between
those parents coming back from Grand Isle, pretending
I was sleeping so I could hear their grown up conversations.
To be the little sister of
Simone, Larry, Veronica, Peter, Roseanna and Celena.
To be spoiled and go to bed each night with a sense of peace and safety.
I would want the same hubby, the same kiddies,
another chance to be a momma again.
Wouldn't that be cool if that is what really happened after death?
We were not rich, had a huge home that was never maintained in 
the ways it should have been. It was freezing in the winter,
hot in the summer but it was the only home I would ever want
to be raised in. I had so much fun in that house.
It was so awesome to awaken in the middle of the night,
having slept on a mattress on the floor of your parents room,
and be thirsty and just say,
"Daddy I'm thirsty"
and he would get up, with no complaints and bring me a glass
of cold water in my favorite glass.
He would not only wait while I drank all I wanted but
would take the glass from me and pick it up for me so
I would not have to get up from my warm place.
To awaken every morning to my daddy serving my momma 
coffee in bed. Many would not know this of my daddy,
would not think he was the type do something like that
but every morning that I can remember he served my momma
coffee in bed. 
Yep, if reincarnation would be true I don't want to come back in Africa
as a starving child, and I don't want to come back a rich
princess with everything she wants.
I would want to come back as 
Lillian Therese Collins
the baby of the Collins kids,
the child of Minta and Freddie.

No comments:

Post a Comment