Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Sarah's talk to the girls

Rosaryville was amazing, but soooo tiring.
I went to bed after a long bath yesterday at 1:30 and woke up an hour ago.
There was so many things that touched me, some that was over my
head or things I did not really agree with but as they say in Alanon,
"TAKE WHAT YOU LIKE AND LEAVE THE REST"
It is what I did.
The evening time brought it very hard to sleep 
and not very comfortable but oh so worth it.
The one thing I want to focus on today is the presenter 
on Sunday morning, a beautiful 23 year old woman named Sarah.
I wish, at 15 and 16, the ages of our teens that attended,
I had had a retreat where some girl would have told me the 
beautiful message that these girls were privileged to hear.
I know many of them could not care less what she had to say
but I, who always adored and had a close bond with my Big Man
would have listened to her and probably made different choices
in my life at that young age.
Sarah stood  in front of our girls with and shared this message:
"... every girl wants three things in a relationship,
HAPPINESS
LOVE
AND MADE TO FEEL BEAUTIFUL"
Then she went in to explain what dating was for.
It is not to be sexual or to "do what everyone else what is doing"
it is to find a life time mate. 
Her message was so wonderfully proposed that I was
routing for women.
"Do not settle for less, believe that if you are made for the
married life, somewhere in the world your husband is waiting.
If you think of your husband out there somewhere, maybe dating girls
himself right now, do you want him making out, sleeping
with many women? Or would you rather he, like you, be
dating to find the other?"
Even women my age or any age, still want the same things in 
a relationship so this goes no matter how old you are.
What happens in a marriage over time, is we all become used to each
other, bored even and we forget how important these things are.
The best things a husband can do for his wife is to be
acknowledged by her mate.
Yes, we women all want happiness, well most of us do.
We want settled, we want peace, we want happiness.
I don't like chaos or what not to expect of the other.
We wives also want love. Not just to hear the words
"I love you" but to be told we are important,
to hear our spouses brag to others of things we do that keep the 
household peaceful. We like to believe that without the other,
we would not be complete, we want independence but we long to
know that  the other has our back, on the same page, keeping our secrets.
Most importantly, we all want to feel beautiful,
not just in looks, we want to feel and know that 
our spouses love all those things we do that make us beautiful to him.
Funny thing is, the men? They want the same things.
They don't need the words as much as maybe we women do but they
too want happiness and love and made to feel like he is beautiful to his wife
not in looks but in those things that make him wanted by us.
I have come back with a new outlook on what I want my marriage to be.
I believe that the only one I can change is myself but I am a firm
believer in the change in yourself can change others.
I will not be perfect and I will fall.
It will take time to change those things I want to work on 
especially the one of loosing weight but I have come back 
with a new determination. I pray I don't loose it.
I will find my closeness to my Big Man again.
I have neglected my masses and allowed what I call the "devil"
to change my thoughts, change my heart in some areas of my life
and I am ready to change that again.
Dr. Phil says often,
"Every morning I wake up and think, what can I do today
to make my wife's life better?"
These years, right now should be the best of my life.
As I said, I will fall, but I will not give up.



1 comment: