Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

off to Rosaryville

I know the name sounds corny, right?
Yet Rosaryville is where myself, a few other chaperones
and 62 teenagers are leaving to go today.
I will be in charge of my 10-10th graders as well as three
new girls. It has not been easy waking up early and the 
back is in prime form this AM but I am determined to 
share this time with the girls I teach religion to.
I am also going for personal reasons.
Something that will remain private that I have been 
struggling with for some time now.
I am hoping that this place can transform me 
into a loving Child of God where it has been hard for me to be.
I am in doubt about a certain aspect of my life, after being
betrayed  and I am praying
for clarity, for peace, for happiness.
This place is said to be beautiful, tranquil.
The people I am spending the weekend with are spiritual 
yet fun. I have not been so excited to get away in some time.
I know myself and these girls will leave there with a 
better bond than we already began building just a few weeks ago.
Since I will be their religion instructor for two years,
it is important that I make this weekend with them,
get to know them better, know their hearts.
They were all so excited about it when we met last Sunday,
not the typical teenagers that regret having to loose a weekend.
It will be beautiful weather, I am going to leave 
Plaquemine with a happy heart and hope to come back
with a different outlook on my own life.
I will miss Bean, just yesterday,watching videos of her,
made me sad that I won't see her until possibly Monday.
Pray for our 62 teens who are going on this outing in the woods of 
a place called Rosaryville that I am excited to see.
Pray that not only them but the adult who are in charge of 
them have open hearts to the message we are all supposed to receive there.

Love to all have a beautiful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Praying that you have a meaningful time there! Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete