Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What does the devil look like?

Over the weekend we talked about how might the devil live in today's
world. I told my girls he is present in drug addiction, in broken families,
And all those things that are not right and good in the world. 
I shared that, I myself, at that time was also having a struggle in my
own life that could be linked to the devil. 
I reminded them that he is not that Halloween character with the 
pitchfork and red ears. Rather he comes to is when we are far from our God
And can find a way in. He is nice and kind at first, having us believe that
His way is the right way.
I bring this up this morning because of an episode that happened with
one of my girls yesterday in her public school..
The devil may exist, in a teacher who is speaking atheist ways,
 in her words that are said to put doubt in the minds of our children.
Yesterday some children, teens, in a public school were
Sharing pieces of the retreat weekend we had just had.
The teacher took it upon herself to tell theses children, as well as the whole class, 
That there was no God, he did not exist. He was man made.. 
That there was no heaven nor hell. Nothing but this world right here. 
You live, you die, that's it.
Had my girl not just been to this retreat maybe she would have listened 
To this and not said a word to her parent. 
Would have let those words sit in her heart and mind
And make doubt where true belief existed before.
My girl, she was strong. She reported it to her mother and asked a  
A question well beyond her years,
"if we can't pray in school, then how can a teacher speak of this?"
Her Mother, being the awesome one she is, right away reported
it to the principle and demanded action.
The principal promised that this would be taken care of.
I spoke with the Mother and child last night and neither
took this lightly. Yet, how many children in that classroom
did not just come from a retreat, who are not in a position to
know God or looking for another belief.
Who will dwell on those words, maybe even loose sleep in them.
May give up on human kind because why strive to be a good person,
to achieve anything if you die and thats it."
This my dear friends is how the devil still exists in our world.
Not that the teacher is possessed, she is just the messenger to
sway the beliefs of our youth.
He finds any way he can to our young ones lives and with
the words of one adult, can turn people into non believers.
Pray my dear friends, pray for the youth but also,
pray for those adults who come into our children's lives in
all forms to turn them away from the gift of heaven.


1 comment:

  1. That is so sad that she would impose her beliefs on innocent children. I am glad the Mom took action.

    ReplyDelete