Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

blocked from my own blog


Seems as though here at Hotel Thibodaux Regional
there are some restrictions on certain websites I visit.
I can get on facebook and other sites that may not be so safe
but I have a limit and block on my own blog.
This makes me laugh.
Like being blocked from my own innocent blog.
So I am limited to 6o minutes a day here so
If you wonder why I only blog in the morning
with all the time on my hands that is why.
Time passes slowly here at Hotel Thibodaux
but yesterday really wasn't so bad because of all the
company I had.
First it started with my Plaisance girls, Rebecca, Ellie-pie and
Lucy. I know lots of people ask how I can have time to do so much
for all my great nieces and nephews but I must say I get so
much more from them than I ever give to them.
Auntie Lil's medicine is the little ones.
They share so much with me and I listen to them.
First dose of medicine was the Plaisances and Ellie-pie
not only cuddled in my cool hospital bed but entertained me
as Lulu told me jokes and we caught up on life.
Not long after sista, Veronica showed up with
the St.Pierre girls. NeeNee my poor darling was spending
time with me when I was sick at home and could only
lie on the sofa most of the time yet she never complained
and was happy to be in my prescence. While they were here
we caught up on the happenings of school getting ready to start
and watched Utube videos and of course, watched and discussed
everything Justin Bieber. If you going to love preteens, you
will have to tolerate Justin Bieber conversations.
I loved every minute of it.
Tedi-girl missed the trip, seems like cheerleader camp
was calling her name this week.
Love from her would have been nice also but I understand
how it is to be a teenage cheerleader, so many responsibilities.
Finally they all had to leave but part of my fill was done.
Something was missing, I hadn't seen my Cammi or Abby.
The boys would rather be anywhere but here watching Auntie Lil
get better but the girls, they love it.
I text Sista, Rosie because I know she holds the key
to a visit from Cammi.
I email Lisa asking if they go to Donaldsonville could they
maybe stop in and give me an Abby fill.
While wondering how this will go I am visited by friends.
My friend, Mel from school and her lovey's, Matthew and Beth
come by to fill me in on what I have missed in their lives
since the last time we hung out.
I love these Thibodaux kids and I do believe the feelings are mutual.
Beth and Matthew always give me so much of their time
and conversation. A visit from them is also good, good medicine.
Another school pal, Donna stops in while giving communion
to the ill in the hospital. How special this makes me feel to think
that she, instead of running home to her own little girls,
took time to visit with me. We had good conversation
and it is so good to visit sometimes out of school where
we can talk of all other things besides work.
I know that even if I didn't know these fine people from TES
we would still be friends and I am touched that they took time
from their busy lives to visit me and help pass the time.
Neighbor Katie came and hang out with baby girl and I for
a few hours. Again, what an awesome young adult.
This girl I called the neighborhood bond person.
Katie the neighbor, as we call her not to get her
mixed u with Kd the daughter in law,
is the one who visits all the neighbors to keep us all up to date
on what is going on in the neighborhood.
I was not surprised that she would come and hang out with us
because that is the type of person she is.
She is a people person, a friend much like me.
Having Katie here is like having a family member visit.
last but not least, sista Rosie brought my Cami
here. I sent a begging text her way earlier today
that if possible, if they came through today could she possibly
bring Cami girl to visit her Nannie.
You see, Rosie had Cami for a week in the summer
and this week I had plans with Cami to have her come sleep
and I was taking her to the insectarium.
Rosie keeps letting me know she understands, not to worry
but I am not so much sad for letting Cami down, I am
more sad for myself because I miss Cami and was looking
so forward to having her with me for a few days.
I get a text around 6:30pm saying,
"sorry we won't be able to make it :(
I send back it's okay....
but it really wasn't okay because although I had received much
medication with all the friends and babies that visited,
Cami's visit was going to be my night time dose.
I try to put it aside as I visit with Katie the neighbor.
Then a knock on the door produces none other than my imp of
a godchild, Cami and Rosie!
They came donning red roses and a balloon but nothing
can make me smile bigger than the fact that Cam was here.
It was all I needed to finish my first full day at Hotel Thibodaux.
She and I played games on facebook and caught up on
all the happenings of her life.
She reminded my that she still does not know what she wants
to be when she grows up because "I am so smart and I have so many options"
This child lacks not an ounce of self-confidence.
She talks to every employee of Hotel Thibodaux
there is nothing not to love about this child.
Only one thing could have made this day more perfect when it
comes to my fill of kiddies, a visit from my Abby and my other love, Tedi.
Thanks all who took time out of their busy day to visit.
It means sooo much. I have a few prospect visitors today,
can't wait because today will be harder when I know
that all my siblings and others are celebrating
Taunt Mone, my oldest sisters 70th birthday tonight.
I will be missing in body but my spirit will be with them
as I sit here and promise to get better for all of them.
I do believe that my time here on my own blog is almost up....
You remember, that block of Lilbit of my world...

2 comments:

  1. I ain't going bc I don't want you to think you're really sick and on your last leg. So this is about as cuddly and lovey as you're getting from me. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is some love from Cut Off! Working up the energy to start blogging again! Gonna be soon! Getting Camille Ana ready for school! Bought her clothes yesterday! Only shorts! She will have to wear skirts in Colombia - since she has the option of shorts here - that is what she wants - so I say she can have her shorts! Glad you hear you are getting the love up there in yankee territory!

    ReplyDelete