Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

HOBLisms


Summertime and HOBL being home...
Well let me just say by the end of the summer
too much togetherness is not always good for
the Riera couple.
He has this way of saying these little sayings
like a child with Turret's.
He has been saying them for so long
that sometimes I don't even notice
but the babies laugh so much
even after hearing them their whole life.
Most days it doesn't bother me.
However after two weeks in a home with HOBL,
well, it starts to wear on you.
So on top of hearing about how BP will sell
and how he is afraid he may no longer get to travel to Alaska,
I have to hear these HOBLisms.
LILLIANA FROM GALLIANA LOUISIANA
I mean he calls me this CONSTANTLY
first of all, I am from Golden Meadow and when I
remind him of this he reminds me that Golden Meadow
does not rhyme with Lilliana.
So it doesn't matter whether it makes sense or not,
it matters that he likes it.
Then there is the thing he has to say every time you get
in the car with him,
"HOLD ON TO YOUR BRITCHES YOU SON OF A B....CHES"
I mean really, do we need to hear this?
Then there is the one that I cringe every time I pass
a cemetery,
"LIL, PEOPLE ARE JUST DYING TO GET IN THERE"
There are the little songs he sings,
"IN 1492, COLUMBUS DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO
HE SAT IN THE GRASS AND PLAYED WITH HIS A.."
Well, you get the picture.
The funny thing about all of this is at the time
I fuss him for his dumb songs but
when he is not around me and the babies laugh
when we think of them.
It's been a long, long, long week.

3 comments:

  1. OH, wait you forgot one. He taught my girls to call him "Uncle Nega". They will do that for the rest of his life, and he loves it when they do that. He doesn't realize that eventually my girls will have children and they will call him Uncle Nega!!!!

    WE LOVE YOU, UNCLE NEGA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha Tie you are right and he loves it when they call him that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GET UP YOU S.O.B.........................
    Mickey loves you.

    Jesi magoo
    Jesi magee

    ReplyDelete