Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Yay!!!! Hotel Thibodaux has let me in!!!!!


I am on day 5 of IV antibiotics and have to say I
feel better than I have since most of the summer
so there may be something to the fact that I needed
this medical treatment.
So many people have visited and brought me
treats that has helped my time here pass.
I thought I was blessed before but wow,
the amount of love and support I have gotten has
been tremendous. There is no way I can thank each
of you individually on the blog but you guys know
who you are and know that when you bring your children
to see whatever they call me be it Auntie lil,
Nannie, or Nurse Lilly,
you give me the medicine that I need to know that
I can get past all of this to return to the person I am
who loves children.
I must however give one personal thanks to my sister,
RONNIE
Now I know when she reads this she will post some type
of comment that says it is what anyone would do, that
she is no big deal, etc.
But to us sisters, she is the BIG DEAL
because for our whole lives, she has been the one
who we always go to when we need something.
Even before going to our parents, we went to Ronnie.
She was our GPS before they were popular.
She is our organizers of any fun girl trips we take.
But it is when we are sick that we really, truly depend on her.
If C or Taunt Mone or myself are ill, need a ride to the doctor,
or just need someone to hang with us in the hospital,
it is her we depend on.
She, even though hasn't always liked us (lol)
she has always, always came through for us.
She does worry too much about us and think that doctors are
never doing enough to get us well quickly but she is our comfort.
She never complains about anything us baby sisters need.
Lately she has had her own medical issues and I worry.
I worry that she doesn't feel well but if I have to be honest,
sometimes my worry is because of my own selfish needs.
I think what would we be, us sisters without our rock?
I also feel badly sometimes because when she is ill we
are not able to reciprocate with help for her.
I love all my siblings and each of them fill a need for me
that I could not live without but when I am ill,
besides my Daddy I long for, it is her I lean on.
When knowing I needed a cystoscope on Monday
It is her I called to ask if she could be here.
I knew the answer, I knew that I really didn't even have to ask
she had already planned to be here.
I have few memories of being 5 and having a kidney removed
and having chemotherapy and radiation but the few I have, she is in most of them.
I know I never say it enough, but Ronnie
thank you sooooo much for all you do for me.
I will never be able to repay you and please,
take care of yourself because when you are ill
I cringe at the thought of not having you here to take
care of all of us baby sisters.
Smooches, big ones!

4 comments:

  1. My days don't really allow me too much time to read this precious blog of Lil, but when she told me of her title today, there is nothing to keep me away from it this morning.
    My Nannie, my NeNa, my sister, my friend, Ronnie, you have always given me so much strength and are a big part of who I am today. When I think back to many years ago, I was so green in accounting, any question I ever had you were able to answer in a matter of 2 seconds and if it took longer, your patience with me was, and is, awesome. Even today when my head just won't work properly, you always have the answers for me, and to me, your word is my Gospel. Yea, you're a blast be around and you also want to make sure that everyone has a blast too. When we brought Mone to see Elvis on Thursday night in Harvey, you were so funny because of your disappointment that the show wasn't sold out. Your carma was so strong that we made sure to be at the show two hours early and we ended up eating at the Palace because we wanted to make sure that we would be able to all sit together...hahaha. You even went to the Attendent to ask if there was going to be two screens showing the movie because you were so sure that everyone in the world was going to want to see this movie, not to mention that you took two trips to New Orleans to get advanced tickets. Afterall, it's ELVIS!! When we looked around as the show got started, there may have been 30 people in the whole place and we were 13...hahahaha. This is the kind of fun that we have with you. You even got ME so wrapped up that I went and asked for RESERVED SEATING...HAHAHAHA!! Oh, Lil, we did miss you that night and many times I looked around for you, especially when Mom's chair never stopped moving and she was singing away...we all had a great time thanks to NeNa.

    Everything Lil has posted this morning is so, so true. I don't know what we'd do without you; things just wouldn't be the same. One thing is for sure though, there isn't a day that does by that I don't think about you and smile. You have the biggest heart and soul of anyone I know and I love you with all of my heart. Thanks for being the person you are and know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers. Looking forward to our next road trip!!
    I love you,
    Snot Nose C (SNC) :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You'll!!!!! I really appreciate all the nice things both of you wrote. One thing you'll don't understand that I do these things for my own personal purpose!!!! I love us all being together. I missed that Tie Rebecca Toya and you lil could not be with us. I just love our family trips and get ready, I'm already thinking of the next one!!

    Now Lil, you are right of what I'm about to say. Yes, when you were 5 you remember me because I was the oldest around and Dad couldn't drive so it was I and Mom that took you to your treatments. But you must remember, I had Tif that was 3 and tie was 1 1/2 and I couldn't take them with us, so most of the time Aunt Jeanie took care of them or I would bring them to Mone and she would keep them for me. Dad would take care of Rosie and C and when he wasn't able to Aunt Jeanie was always there. Mone and Guy would come home whenever she was needed. Peter was in the Marines so he was away but you can bet your life if he would have been closer he would have been here too! Larry also was far away but he came as soon as he could. You may not remember but Aunt MaeMae cook many meals for you'll and of course Randolph always sent his leftover at the end of the day. Aunt TaTA was still a nurse so she took care of Dad. I remember for your surgery she came with us and Dad got sick right after they took you and Aunt TaTA had medicine and knew exactly what to do for him. Aunt GolGol was in Chalmette and opened up her house to us for as long as we needed. They were also at the hospital whenever they could. So you see guys, "WE ALL DID WHAT WE HAD TO DO TO SAVE YOUR LIFE!" Ask anyone to do something and they were always there. Yes you'll were with me a lot but it was something i enjoyed doing. Just like the Grandkids I love going pick them up and bringing them wherever they felt like going. Over the last couple of months it has been quite hard with not feeling well myself and with Pop problems with his eye that I miss those trips! Don't worry kids, Granny and Pop will begin to feel better and off we will go again.

    ok "Snot Nose C" almost 50 years ago Mom asked me to be your godmother. Something I took so serious. I was and to watch over you and whatever you need I tried to get it for you. That was my job as a Godmother/Sister. I still go back to the time you took the Koolaid from Ledet's. I thought about just fussing you and forget about it but that would not have made me a good Godmother. So I took you to Dad and let him handle your punishment and I think he handled it quite well! You may have been angry with me at the time but I think your learned a lesson that day! You yourself have not been feeling well but you always manage to call me and find out how I and CJ are doing. I can always tell when you are not feeling well but the tone in your voice even when you try to discuise it! Things will get better!

    And I go back to my own kids! I constantly worked when they were little and when I came home I was so tired most of the days but there was the house to clean, food to cook, homework to do, baths to be taken, and make sure they were in bed at a decent time. I tried my best but looking back now, there are so many things I would change but like Tif told me once, we can't go back so live in the present. Hard for me to do but I try. Things I did and would change if I could and things that I knew had to be done.

    So folks hope everyone understands what I was trying to get across but never-the-less I appreciate all the nice things you'll wrote about me!

    Love to all of you!
    Granny

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW SWEET... I GOT THE GROSS CUR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, my Veronica I understand that you alway want to say all everyone else did and I am aware of all of it but you, you are our rock and we all depend on you oh so much still today. Sometimes I think it was easier for you to be our sister. Like I remember being a new nurse, working 3 to 11 and you lived down the street of the hospital. If I was hungry i would call you at 8pm at night to see if you could go and get me a hamburger and fries at Randolphs. Only Randolph's would do and you would get out of your pajamas and go and get me a hamburger, like why didn't you just tell me no? I knew then and I know now I can call you anytime and you will be there... so yes, everyone helped when I was young, but you still go above and beyond to help all of us and it is appreciated, truly

    ReplyDelete