Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

When does it become acceptable to fart in public?

(Picture taken from an adventure of a while ago when Cass visited)
Deferred my President blog for this.
Yesterday baby girl and I dropped HOBL off at the airport
and decided to make that day an adventure day.
As she was growing up it wasn't unusual
for us to take any given day and get in the car
and just make up an adventure on the road as we go.
Every year for her birthday, she and I would be "sick"
from school and work to celebrate the wonderful
day with an adventure.
Some days we knew where we were going
other days we just let the car lead us.
It is one of the things I have missed the most
since she was in a grown up relationship.
Now that she is a single girl again,
we have more time for each other.
So yesterday we decided it was time for a good ol' fashioned
mother/daughter adventure.
I didn't care how much I would pay for it today,
I was focused on yesterday.
We decided that one thing we had never done was park
on one end of Magazine street and walk to see the
hidden, wonderful places of this historical street.
We ate this wonderful pizza, I mean it was the greatest stuff.
We would never eat Domino's or Pappa John's if
we had a pizza house like this one near by.
After our belly's were entertained we decided to
entertain our shopping styles by first visiting a bead shop.
Jesi feels about little old people as I feel about children.
She adores them. So of course, she notices the cute little lady
visiting the bead shop with a younger friend.
They are discussing beads, into their finds, and Jesi and I
are right behind them admiring the beads ourselves.
I know they have just eaten also because of the "To go"
box that her friend holds.
All of a sudden we hear the sounds of gas being passed.
There is no doubt where it is coming from
because the little old lady is standing in the body stance that
you sometimes see when someone "lets 'er rip"
It is not just a little slip, it is the long and loud type
that usually accompanies a visit to the toilet.
I cannot look at baby girl,
I am so afraid if I look at her we will both loose it and the
little lady is very close to us.
However there is no doubt that baby girl has lost it.
The funny part is that the little lady never missed a beat.
Evidently she was hard of hearing because she never seemed
to notice that toxins were coming out of her behind.
Her friend did however,
I know she noticed baby girl laughing and myself trying to hold
it together.
She walked away with the biggest smile on her face.
We finally had to leave the bead shop.
Baby girl could not get herself together and I couldn't look
at baby girl without loosing it myself and since it was
a small store, we kept crossing the path of our
flatulence queen.
Oh, what an adventure may send you!
I had a lovely day with you my baby girl.

2 comments:

  1. It is totally acceptable when you get away with it. It is also totally acceptable at any sporting event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and on the open waters while fishing, right, BFOB? Because I know I've farted there before and no one corrected me the other day el-o-el

    ReplyDelete