Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

I HAD THE BEST DAYS...

My BFOB texted me on Friday night
requesting my presence at the Plaisance camp in Leeville
for the 4th of July weekend.
I already had some commitments but heck I so wanted
to take this family up on their offer.
I loovvvvve camps and love this family as much
as camp life.
I worked it out, thanks to baby girl,
and headed to Leeville on Saturday morning.
I can say I reconnected with this whole clan
as a family and individually.
My BFOB made sure I did all I love, ride the boat
and he and I did some fishing I caught a big redfish and a spec.
He caught a red.
Look, If I wanted to I could take much space here
explaining all we did.
However what I really want to get across here is
just how lucky these 4 children are.
Parents owe their children love, shelter, and safety.
These Plaisance children get so much more than that.
This is a family that I can spend time with and
really relax, no pressure, no hype.
Four children that I have unique relationships with each
and notice the differences in each of them.
Being one of 4 children, you would think that
maybe at least one of their personalities would
get lost in the process of growing up
but not here.
Lots of time and effort is put into making
sure that each one of them gets the time they need
to be who they are.












Thanks to each of you,
BFOB and Rebecca
who always make me feel so special when I am around them.
...and the children....
Hugh, Lucy, Owen and Ellen
I hope you guys know how special and loved you are
by your parents.
I hope that when you are all grown up in a world
that is not always kind,
you will think back on your childhood memories
and see your Auntie Lil
in those memories.
I will always treasure this weekend
and hope that there are many more.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty cool trip. You caught more fish than your husband and son did on their trip. That should say a lot about who's the best fisherman in Rierra clan.

    ReplyDelete